Offseason roster moves - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Offseason roster moves

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Offseason roster moves

Postby triple3play » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Well, its the offseason and Im ready to make whatever moves it takes to win again. My team has won the last two years and I want to make it three in a row. This is my roster, obviously its pretty good, but would moves should I look to make? This is a H2H points dynast league. We start 4 Outfielders and Were allowed 4 RP and 12 SP on your major league roster, our minor league roster consists of 18 players.

***I also have the #5 pick in this years rookie/FA draft

C: Santana , Iannetta 1B: McCab, Chris Davis, Scott 2B: Pedroia, Kipnis, Theriot, Aviles, Sizemore SS: HanRam, A. Gonzalez, Threiot, Aviles, 3B: Sandoval, Lawrie OF: Kemp OF: Victorino OF: Hamilton OF: Ichiro, Melky, Crisp, Thames, Snider, Kubel, Bernadina, C. Wells, DeWitt DH: Fielder, Posada

SP: Lee, Shields, J. Chacin, Gallardo, Billingsly, Cahill, Gio Gonzalez, Hellickson, Hudson, C. Lewis, Sabathia, Liriano, Anderson (DL), RBDL (DL)
RP: Papelbon, Putz, Feliz, Santos, K. Jansen

Minor league hitters: Segura, Middlebrooks, W. Flores, G. Brown, Starling Marte, Brett Jackson
Minor league pitcher: Surkamp, AJ Cole, Kelly, Skaggs, Carlos Martinez, G. Richards, T. Walker, Paxton, Mcgee, Neil Ramirez
triple3play
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Offseason roster moves

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:55 pm

That's a very open-ended question. You have a very good team with a lot of redundancy. Looking at your roster, I'd say you could use a couple OF. Kemp and Hamilton make a great 1-2, but Victorino and Ichiro aren't up to snuff relative to the rest of your team. You have multiple positions where you've got a top guy and a young stud (Sandoval/Lawrie and Pedroia/Kipnis) Trading one or two of these four players should net you some superior OF, especially if you throw in some of your own OF. Someone might bite on Melky's good season, for example.

Other than it, it really depends on the trading climate of your league. You didn't give the league size, but I'm guessing 14 or 16 teams? If so, you're honestly in great shape for next year even if you don't make a single move.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 66)

Postby onitapgr » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:22 pm

triple3play wrote:Well, its the offseason and Im ready to make whatever moves it takes to win again. My team has won the last two years and I want to make it three in a row. This is my roster, obviously its pretty good, but would moves should I look to make? This is a H2H points dynast league. We start 4 Outfielders and Were allowed 4 RP and 12 SP on your major league roster, our minor league roster consists of 18 players.

***I also have the #5 pick in this years rookie/FA draft

C: Santana , Iannetta 1B: McCab, Chris Davis, Scott 2B: Pedroia, Kipnis, Theriot, Aviles, Sizemore SS: HanRam, A. Gonzalez, Threiot, Aviles, 3B: Sandoval, Lawrie OF: Kemp OF: Victorino OF: Hamilton OF: Ichiro, Melky, Crisp, Thames, Snider, Kubel, Bernadina, C. Wells, DeWitt DH: Fielder, Posada

SP: Lee, Shields, J. Chacin, Gallardo, Billingsly, Cahill, Gio Gonzalez, Hellickson, Hudson, C. Lewis, Sabathia, Liriano, Anderson (DL), RBDL (DL)
RP: Papelbon, Putz, Feliz, Santos, K. Jansen

Minor league hitters: Segura, Middlebrooks, W. Flores, G. Brown, Starling Marte, Brett Jackson
Minor league pitcher: Surkamp, AJ Cole, Kelly, Skaggs, Carlos Martinez, G. Richards, T. Walker, Paxton, Mcgee, Neil Ramirez

You have the top 1-2 player at every position...you really don't have to make any moves...

...but now is the best time you're going to get to sell Shields, Hellickson, and Melky...I would try to take advantage of their great years to get a stud who had a down year...Wright, R Zimmerman, Crawford
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby kaiser » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Pair Ichiro with a SP to find a 3B? It looks like your weakest area, to me. Don't know if Ichiro has any real trade value anymore, though.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 321)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:09 am

onitapgr wrote:You have the top 1-2 player at every position...you really don't have to make any moves...

...but now is the best time you're going to get to sell Shields, Hellickson, and Melky...I would try to take advantage of their great years to get a stud who had a down year...Wright, R Zimmerman, Crawford

+1

You have a stud at almost every position and I don't see any gaping holes in your lineup. I would definitely move Shields, Hellickson, and Melky as their values are at an all time high. Try packaging Hellickson and a hitter (OF, 3B) for an upgrade at one of those positions and a risky, high upside SP.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LordMattius » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Hanson would be a good target whose value is down. Lawrie will be a stud at 3b for you.
Melky+Shields should get you maybe go for Carlos Gonzalez.
LordMattius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Tavish » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:36 pm

I wouldn't do a thing. Wait for your team to retire and collect championships until then. If you get bored and want to make it a challenge, trade off a stud or two to stock the minors with another elite hitter or two. You should be ok even dropping one stud.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions