Padres Fan wrote:ESPN Auction League, 3 year keep total, increases $5 each year. I nedd 7 keepers and stuck on the last one, I hate spending over $15 on a pitcher and $20 on hitters, will reply to your link
That said, the 7 guys I would choose are:
1) Andrew McCutchen OF (15) - Stud OF, great price, still young and improving.
2) Mike Stanton OF (16) - For the same reasons as McCutchen. Stanton is a BEAST. And if the Marlins add a big name FA (Reyes), his value will only go up.
3) Stephen Strasburg SP (6) - Great price, boat loads of potential.
4) David Price SP (9) - Pitches in the AL East, but is already established as one of the best SP. Great value here too.
5) Alex Gordon OF (9) - Had a really nice season in 2011, which I don't think was a fluke. Good value here.
6) James Shields SP (6) - Another SP with great value, though I doubt he repeats 2011 stats. Would most certainly keep him then trade him for good bat, as his price tag is very attractive.
7) Evan Longoria 3B (41) - He may be overpriced, but this guy is a stud. And with so many great value keepers you have, you can afford to spend some money. Especially since you have most of your talent in the OF and SP. Wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a guy at 3B, especially one of the top guys.