Penn State Scandal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Penn State Scandal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Was Joe Paterno wrong for not notifying authorities??

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes : 30

Re: Penn State Scandal

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:23 am

Of course he was wrong and PSU did the right thing in getting rid of him.

That might have been the dumbest protest I've ever seen last night.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:36 am

I'm glad they have fired Paterno and the President, but I hope they're planning on firing others as well. The graduate assistant who is still on the staff that witnessed first-hand the raping needs to go as well.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:24 am

Stupid Penn State fans riot after Paterno fired

Scores of police and state troopers, some in riot gear, tried to clear the streets, and some officers used a chemical spray to disperse the demonstrators.

but then....

Crowds thinned somewhat after a light rain began to fall.

:-b

Brilliant, morally centered and hardcore at Penn State
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:46 am

KCollins1304 wrote:I'm glad they have fired Paterno and the President, but I hope they're planning on firing others as well. The graduate assistant who is still on the staff that witnessed first-hand the raping needs to go as well.

This.

You can't cherry pick who had to and didn't have to be held accountable.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:19 pm

The only people defending Paterno (or anyone else really) are morons and Penn State students and alumni. But I repeat myself. How you can witness a child being raped and not immediately step in and stop the assault, or at least try to stop it, or at the very, very least, call 9-1-1 is beyond me. How you can be told that a child was raped, do only what you are legally required to do, then wash your hands of the situation and never follow up with anyone is similarly beyond me. I'll give McQueary the tiniest benefit of the doubt in that he may have been afraid that it would end up being his word against Sandusky's and that nothing would be done about it unless he got Joe Pa in his corner, but I think it's far more likely that he had visions of where his career would go if he had that trump card up his sleeve. It's unfortunate that they apparently can't charge everyone who knew about it and did nothing. And Paterno is looking like an absolute buffoon. His few public comments since this began are outrageous.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:44 pm

I agree, I'd like to think I would step in and stop the sexual assault provided I wasn't frozen by fear or shock. At the very least, I don't see how any reasonable person doesn't immediately call 9-1-1 in that situation. McQueary absolutely should be removed from the team as well.

Have you guys read about the disappearance of the district attorney who was investigating the case and how his computer hard drive ended up on the banks of some river? This whole situation is completely bizarre. We certainly haven't heard the last of this story.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:43 pm

yeah, the DA thing definitely has me intrigued and is far from over now.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm not sure how they think having McQueary coach on Saturday could possibly be a good thing. Could the University possibly be handling this any worse from top to bottom since Day 1?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:35 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I'm not sure how they think having McQueary coach on Saturday could possibly be a good thing. Could the University possibly be handling this any worse from top to bottom since Day 1?

Agreed. I'm still in shock that McSissy is still game on. Heard Nebraska has already voiced concern about the game. At the very least, having him on the sidelines is a distraction form hell. At worst, things could seriously get violent and out of control for any number of reasons.

Seems close to being a no brainer with all the supposed evidence that Penn State is found in violation of the Clery Act. At a min, the Dept. of Education will cut out a bunch of funding. At worst, we could be looking at a bunch of criminal charges, lawsuits and a serious drop of the university's prestige once the dust settles.

Horrible joke, Dan. O:-)
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Penn State trustees told Tom Bradley to keep McQueary away from the game on Saturday and away from the team.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk