Toronto Closer situation? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Toronto Closer situation?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Stay Away

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:09 am

Green Monstah wrote:
Ry-Guy wrote:Rumor has it the Dodgers may deal Gagne to the Jays if they feel they can't keep him long term. That could be a great scenario if Mota inherits the job in L.A. after Gagne exits. Stay tuned.......

who would the Jays give to get Gagne? The only player I see the Dodgers even considering there would be Vernon Wells (and the Jays will not trade him with with his age and salary).

A couple of days ago CBS had this reported on Alexis Rios-
Rios is likely to be traded sometime in the near future, according to the Toronto Star. The Blue Jays feel that his skills are too similar to Vernon Wells, most especially in the plate discipline department, and they only want one such hitter in their current offensive philosophy.

Rumored from that was the possibility that Gagne could come from this deal seeing as LA is not willing to come off their 2 pitching prospects in E.Jackson and G.Miller. But this is mere speculation at this point to me.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jsuga22 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:44 am

Gagne isnt going anywhere and after the Jayson Werth Deal it doesnt look like Rios will either.
jsuga22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JoseCanYouSee » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:44 am

polyphonic wrote:I'd rather trade for Mota than trade for Gagne. He's younger, cheaper, and could probably be had for a lot less. Phelps, maybe?

Actually, I think Gagne is younger than Mota. Mota is either 29 or 30, and I thought Gagne was younger than that. Mota would be a terrific closer, though.
Junior: "Hey Kramer, you ever killed a man?"
Kramer: "What do you think, Junior, these hands have been soaking in Ivory liquid?
JoseCanYouSee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby stumpak » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:26 pm

Mota bummed around the minors for a long time. He is a head case. Teams will think twice before installing Armando Benitez II as their closer.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers