Help me pick my keepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help me pick my keepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Help me pick my keepers

Postby moozzy77 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:13 pm

I dont see how upton wins out. Agon will score more runs hr rbi avg and obp....no?
moozzy77
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:19 pm

moozzy77 wrote:I dont see how upton wins out. Agon will score more runs hr rbi avg and obp....no?

Upton is 6 years younger. Gonzalez will put up some good numbers next year, but Upton has lots of room to improve some as well considering he just turned 24.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nolesox » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:43 pm

moozzy77 wrote:Also I have the 3rd pick in the draft...the top players going in are..
Kemp
J.Upton
Bautista
Ellsburry
Car.Go

All the good 1b's are kept. Pujols Tex Votto Fielder Cabrera
I think i would rather keep agon and draft one of the remaining OF's. I assume Kemp will be the 1st pick next year. How do you rank those OF's

I think knowing those OF are available and no elite 1B are available makes it an easy decision. There is a really good chance you get Upton back w/ that 3rd pick if not then Kemp,Bautista,Cargo and Ellsbury are the fallback options. Ummm yes please. Absolutley no reason I can find to keep Upton in that scenario. I do agree w/ the earlier poster that best case for you would be to try and move Upton for an ACE there has to be someone out there w/ 2 of them and Upton is an upgrade to any hitter they probably have. So there should be a good chance you can swing a deal like Upton for someone like a Verlander,Kershaw or another pitcher of that ilk.
I would rank the OF :
Kemp
Bautista
Upton

Cargo
Ellsbury
Last edited by nolesox on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nolesox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Upton and Hanson easy game.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby moozzy77 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 am

Im starting to do a little mock draft. Who would u take in the 2nd round out of these players if I already have A.Gon JUpton Hanson...I pick again 4 players later snake style. help there would be nice too
1b-Morse Berkman Hosmer
2b-Utley Uggla Myoung
3b-Myoung Aramis Lowrie
ss- castro asdrubel
of-morse berkman hart bruce mccutchen
c-none off the board
sp-c.lee verlander lester price haren Cain shields
moozzy77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:54 pm

moozzy77 wrote:Im starting to do a little mock draft. Who would u take in the 2nd round out of these players if I already have A.Gon JUpton Hanson...I pick again 4 players later snake style. help there would be nice too
1b-Morse Berkman Hosmer
2b-Utley Uggla Myoung
3b-Myoung Aramis Lowrie
ss- castro asdrubel
c-none off the board

I would grab one of those starters with my preference being Verlander. Only hitter I would consider would be McCuthchen but I would rather get a lock down SP.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:26 pm

moozzy77 wrote:Im starting to do a little mock draft. Who would u take in the 2nd round out of these players if I already have A.Gon JUpton Hanson...I pick again 4 players later snake style. help there would be nice too
1b-Morse Berkman Hosmer
2b-Utley Uggla Myoung
3b-Myoung Aramis Lowrie
ss- castro asdrubel
c-none off the board

McCutchen would be my pick.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nolesox » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:30 pm

MaudDib wrote:
1b-Morse Berkman Hosmer
2b-Utley Uggla Myoung
3b-Myoung Aramis Lowrie
ss- castro asdrubel
c-none off the board

I would grab one of those starters with my preference being Verlander. Only hitter I would consider would be McCuthchen but I would rather get a lock down SP.

First thing, judging by the responses to keep Upton,he can pretty much get you any pitcher you want. I think your first move should be to try to deal Upton for an elite pitcher. Hanson has really nice upside but injuries are a concern and he isn't quite an ACE yet, he's more of a nice 2/3 with upside if he's healthy and continues developing. So depending on whether you can make a deal for an ACE then that changes who I would take with that 2nd pick. But assuming you don't make a deal and you keep Agon and Hanson then I would rank the guys listed as follows:
McCutchen,Verlander,A Cabrera,Bruce,Lester,Cl Lee,Castro,Price,Uggla,M Young,Utley,Haren,Morse,ARam,Berkman,Hart
nolesox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby moozzy77 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:04 pm

we can't make trades in the off season
moozzy77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:26 am

Keep A Gon and Hansen for reasons mentioned above.

Then I see two logical options:

Pick 1A- Bautista
Pick 2A - McCutchen - McCutchen is a stud OF. Then you would have a top tier 1B, 3B (Bautista), and OF. Then draft some pitching as your hitting will be SET.

Pick 1B- Upton
Pick 2B- SP - Lester, Price, and Verlander in that order. I see Verlander regressing from 2011 and being on par with both Price and Lester. But both of them are younger. That would give you a top 1B, top OF, and top SP. Two of which are young and will produce for years.

I prefer option A, but B seems fine too.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions