Trade offer advice needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade offer advice needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade offer advice needed

Postby nefertari75 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm

My league is a thirty man roster, sixteen teams, four keepers.

I have been offered CC Sabathia and picks from the, fifteenth round (1st pick) eighteenth round (4th in round), twenty second round pick, a twenty third round pick.

In exchange for my fifth, seventh, eleventh and fourteenth round picks

Thanks
nefertari75
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade offer advice needed

Postby bigken117 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 pm

fifth round after 4 rounds of keepers (so the first round), or 4 rounds of keepers, then five more rounds?

If you're essentially giving up a 9th, 11th, 15th, and 18th round picks for CC in a 480 player deep league, that sounds tempting.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Only other question is who are your keepers now and who would CC be replacing?

After that. I think this is a pretty good deal. I am usually a fan of trading picks for players especially if it improves your keepers. With some smart drafting you can make up for what you might lose in the draft where as you aren't going to get that kind of talent in the draft.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby nefertari75 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:29 pm

It is the first four rounds are keepers so essentially my fifth round pick would be my first pick.
nefertari75
T-Ball Trainer

Postby nefertari75 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:32 pm

My keepers are Felix Hernandez, Jose Reyes, Rickie Weeks and Tim Lincecum, was thinking about trading hernandez for some early picks back, or maybe Weeks.
nefertari75
T-Ball Trainer

Postby MaudDib » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:37 pm

I think I would do that trade and keep Felix. I would be fine dealing Weeks as he is never a sure thing to stay healthy.

In a 16 team league with that rotation, you will be pretty hard to beat. You will have some major holes in you lineup unless you get some amazing picks through the draft. After the draft, I would then look at making a move to fill your holes but no reason to trade until then. You very well might be surprised at how well the draft goes and not need to deal a SP.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby nefertari75 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:18 pm

thank you guys, much appreciated :-)
nefertari75
T-Ball Trainer

Postby pjalst » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:14 pm

I don't know if I would keep 2 SP's in a deep league where you only keep 4. I would rather have 4 bats, but thats me. If you are going to keep 2 arms you can't go wrong with either CC, Lincecum or Felix.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 33)

Postby dannahann » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:19 pm

If I'm reading the terms correctly I would NOT do this deal. For one thing, in a league keeping only 64 players it's entirely feasible that your trade partner is boxed in and can't even keep CC. Even if he can, you'll be able to grab a similar player with that 5th round pick you are losing in this deal, maybe even someone better than CC. Depending on where you draft in the 5th that pick is something like player #70. The other picks you lose are approximately player #100, #165, and #215. For that you get CC and players along the lines of #230, #280, #340, and #360. In a league as deep as yours you are giving up way too much value to get a player along the lines of who you might be able to draft anyway. No thank you.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)

Postby kaiser » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:44 pm

dannahann wrote:If I'm reading the terms correctly I would NOT do this deal. For one thing, in a league keeping only 64 players it's entirely feasible that your trade partner is boxed in and can't even keep CC. Even if he can, you'll be able to grab a similar player with that 5th round pick you are losing in this deal, maybe even someone better than CC.

This is a good point, and was what I was thinking as well. I would reject making this deal. I think the draft picks you would be giving away hold more value than what you would receive in return.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions