Dynasty Lg: top 10 you'd overpay for in trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dynasty Lg: top 10 you'd overpay for in trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dynasty Lg: top 10 you'd overpay for in trade?

Postby Urban Cohorts » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:24 pm

A ton of names have already been thrown out there, so I won't post them again. If I am looking to rebuild, I have four priorities (which other posters have kindly already posted):

1) Secure some elite, established, young talent (preferably at shallow positions)

pjalst wrote:In my keeper league I have Votto and J Upton. I am constanly getting trade offers for them.

2) Hitters over Pitchers if all things are equal. They are less likely to get hurt and thus a better investment.

davidmarver wrote:Long term I'd always recommend bats...

3) Account for age and look to acquire guys before their peak years

bayside wrote:Ill arbitrarily keep my list to players who will be 26 or under on Opening Day 2012.

4) Try to acquire prospects who have had at least SOME success at the MLB level. Prospects, no matter how highly ranked, are always prospects until they prove otherwise.

SAV wrote:Moustakas keeps cropping up, despite several Royals' prospects that have failed to deliver in the past. What do you guys project for him in 2012 and then beyond?

This is the type of situation I am referring to. Moustakas has all the hype of being an elite player, but has yet to deliver anything. There is a world of difference between him and a guy like Hosmer. Even if though they were ranked about equal in most top prospect lists before the 2011 season. Guys like Hosmer you pay more for. Guys like Moustakas you try to acquire in bulk, but don't sell the team for.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bayside » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:15 pm

bayside wrote:Im sure im forgetting a few guys but off the top of my head:

Pitchers:
1. Kershaw
2. Bumgarner
3. Strasburg
4. Moore
5. Price
6. Pineda

forgot to include Latos. I would slot him in somewhere below Bumgarner and above Pineda. Possibly right after Bum.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Padres Fan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:31 pm

I like

Ackley
Goldschmidt
Moustakas
Bumgarner
Starsburg
Harper
Trout
Heyward
J Upton
Price

I saw jesus Montero, but with the Yankees lineup I can't see him play unless he switched to 3B and can field, he is horrible at catcher so Martin wins out there and with A-Rod aging rapidly DH is all but his, so that leaves Montero decaying on the bench or AAA which may hurt his career, unless he gets traded

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=437321
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby MaudDib » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Padres Fan wrote:I like

Ackley
Goldschmidt
Moustakas
Bumgarner
Starsburg
Harper
Trout
Heyward
J Upton
Price

I saw jesus Montero, but with the Yankees lineup I can't see him play unless he switched to 3B and can field, he is horrible at catcher so Martin wins out there and with A-Rod aging rapidly DH is all but his, so that leaves Montero decaying on the bench or AAA which may hurt his career, unless he gets traded

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=437321

The yankees have never been much about defense so I would be surprised to see ARod off the hot corner and wouldn't be surprised if Montero plays C at least a couple times a week.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby ensanimal » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:44 pm

I wouldn't ever want to have to "overpay" for anything. If I can make someone think I am overpaying for talent, I would try and get more back. That being said, I do agree that I drool like the rest of you over most of the names listed.

I don't get the Ackley love, for fantasy purposes, though.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 108)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions