AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:52 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I've been watching the previews for the new Gervais/Merchant mockumentary show called Life's Too Short, about the life of Warwick Davis. Roll on the floor stuff. Here's the clip with Liam Neeson. Got to pvr this. Do a youtube search and watch all of the clips. great stuff
I've watched it every week after Eastbound and Down, and it's hysterical.

So pumped for Game of Thrones Season 2 this Sunday!
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:17 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I've been watching the previews for the new Gervais/Merchant mockumentary show called Life's Too Short, about the life of Warwick Davis. Roll on the floor stuff. Here's the clip with Liam Neeson. Got to pvr this. Do a youtube search and watch all of the clips. great stuff

I downloaded it as it aired in England last fall and it's definitely worth watching. It really is a mix between The Office and Extras.

It definitely reminds me of a mix of The Office and Extras. I've finally caught up on it and I find that I laugh harder than I should for the slapstick moments. Only downside is the next season comes out next Spring.

Keeping on the subject of Gervais/Merchant, Gervais has a new upcoming series called Derek, based off the Derek sketch a few years ago.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 672)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Oh yeah. Game of Thrones Season 2 starts this Sunday!!!!!!

I can't wait. I'm probably more excited for next season, having finished reading A Storm of Swords, but this season figures to be immense.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:01 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

I downloaded it as it aired in England last fall and it's definitely worth watching. It really is a mix between The Office and Extras.

It definitely reminds me of a mix of The Office and Extras. I've finally caught up on it and I find that I laugh harder than I should for the slapstick moments. Only downside is the next season comes out next Spring.

Keeping on the subject of Gervais/Merchant, Gervais has a new upcoming series called Derek, based off the Derek sketch a few years ago.

Really looking forward to that because Karl Pilkington is in it. I think he could actually be a pretty decent actor based on some of the "sketches" he recorded during his XFM days.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:39 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I downloaded it as it aired in England last fall and it's definitely worth watching. It really is a mix between The Office and Extras.

Really looking forward to that because Karl Pilkington is in it. I think he could actually be a pretty decent actor based on some of the "sketches" he recorded during his XFM days.

Yup, definitely watching to see it because Karl is in it.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby j24jags » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Started a new show "Awake" on NBC...There have been only 5 episodes and I would recommend it. I have tried out a lot of this year's new TV shows and this is definitely in the upper echelon (Homeland was hands down the best new show of the year IMO, but Awake might be 2nd). It's a good chance to get into it while you're not too far behind. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jfg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 am

Upper echelon of new shows this year isn't saying much. This year's batch was pretty awful. I'll give it a shot though.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 am

j24jags wrote:Started a new show "Awake" on NBC...There have been only 5 episodes and I would recommend it. I have tried out a lot of this year's new TV shows and this is definitely in the upper echelon (Homeland was hands down the best new show of the year IMO, but Awake might be 2nd). It's a good chance to get into it while you're not too far behind. ;-D
I caught the first episode and enjoyed it (although apparently not enough to keep watching, heh). I'll give it a shot maybe if it gets renewed for a 2nd season.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Touch with Jack Bauer and so far I've really enjoyed them.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby j24jags » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:08 am

jfg wrote:Upper echelon of new shows this year isn't saying much. This year's batch was pretty awful. I'll give it a shot though.

I definitely agree that this year has been a bad year, but I think Homeland and Awake are two of the few that are worth watching. I have the first couple episodes of Touch recorded, but haven't got around to them yet. I was a big fan of 24 and will definitely check this series out when I get a chance ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk