What to watch on TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What to watch on TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby Tavish » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:40 am

My wife and I are currently watching via NetFlix:

Breaking Bad - about half way through season 1. Really enjoying this so far.

Intelligence - My wife was a borderline psychotic Sopranos fan so she is really enjoying this. Definitely one that you have to pay close attention to with all the different factions constantly changing sides.

Mad Men - Started off real interesting but has taken a back seat to the other shows. Will probably go back to this after we finish Breaking Bad.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:05 pm

I'd probably let Mad Men take a back seat to Breaking Bad too, but Mad Men is a fantastic show. Don't give up on it. Just don't expect a top of action or anything, it's completely character and dialog driven.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:17 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to find Peep Show on Netflix streaming last night.

The first few episodes of the first season are slow going and the camera work is too shifty. Stick with it and the reward is immense, as each season from seasons 2-4 get better and better. Actually, looking back at the first few episodes, they're better in second and third viewings than the first go-round.

So, yes, Peep Show. Definitely in my top 10 of favorite comedies.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby j24jags » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:33 pm

I started a thread about it and it hasn't gotten much traffic, but the new show Homeland on Showtime is awesome. The writers/producers come from the likes of 24 and Dexter. It definitely feels more like 24 than Dexter, but it's a great show. It got such great critical acclaim and ratings after just four episodes that it was renewed for another season. There have been 8 episodes so far. The acting and writing are great ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:13 am

Awesome setup show tonight for the TUF finale. This is the best show on TV and this was a great season. Probably the best fighters ever and I can't wait to see Miller shut Bisping's pie-hole on Saturday.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:29 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Awesome setup show tonight for the TUF finale. This is the best show on TV and this was a great season. Probably the best fighters ever and I can't wait to see Miller shut Bisping's pie-hole on Saturday.

As annoying as the guy is, Bisping is definitely going to win the fight.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 377)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:30 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Awesome setup show tonight for the TUF finale. This is the best show on TV and this was a great season. Probably the best fighters ever and I can't wait to see Miller shut Bisping's pie-hole on Saturday.

As annoying as the guy is, Bisping is definitely going to win the fight.

Why would you say that? Miller has gone the distance with GSP (even though it was years ago) Chael Sonnen and Jake Shields. He's faced the same level of competition as Bisping and even though is record is spotty he hasn't been stopped by any of them. Bisping is the favourite at -220 to +170 (Jonny Bones is -500 against Machida!!) but I give Miller a chance. If he gets Bisping down early in the rounds and doesn't get into a slugfest Miller can win a boring fight. He's not going to KO him like Hendo did unfortunately. I'm still pissed at Bisping for knocking Kang out of the UFC.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 pm

I've been watching the previews for the new Gervais/Merchant mockumentary show called Life's Too Short, about the life of Warwick Davis. Roll on the floor stuff. Here's the clip with Liam Neeson. Got to pvr this. Do a youtube search and watch all of the clips. great stuff
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I've been watching the previews for the new Gervais/Merchant mockumentary show called Life's Too Short, about the life of Warwick Davis. Roll on the floor stuff. Here's the clip with Liam Neeson. Got to pvr this. Do a youtube search and watch all of the clips. great stuff

I downloaded it as it aired in England last fall and it's definitely worth watching. It really is a mix between The Office and Extras.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Oh yeah. Game of Thrones Season 2 starts this Sunday!!!!!!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk