What to watch on TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What to watch on TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:15 pm

The wire is possibly the best show ever made. If you haven't seen it, then get on it because you're missing out big time. Season 5 was pretty boring though, I didn't even finish it.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:21 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:The wire is possibly the best show ever made. If you haven't seen it, then get on it because you're missing out big time. Season 5 was pretty boring though, I didn't even finish it.

Too violent for a woman? Or is it good enough to agree to a trade and suffer through some Grey's Anatomy for (thank god for my ipad)?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:The wire is possibly the best show ever made. If you haven't seen it, then get on it because you're missing out big time. Season 5 was pretty boring though, I didn't even finish it.

Too violent for a woman? Or is it good enough to agree to a trade and suffer through some Grey's Anatomy for (thank god for my ipad)?

Depends on the woman. My girlfriend absolutely loved it. It has a moderate amount of violence and a lot of cursing, but the story, dialogue, and acting is so good that pretty much anyone should enjoy it.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:28 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:The Office is the only show I have set to record.

lol, the office hasn't been good since season 3.

neither has house

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:56 pm

I never quite got into House and oddly enough, I haven't watched a single episode.

I suppose that's a shame because obviously it's got Hugh Laurie playing the lead. Seemingly over-the-top medical dramas don't appeal to me.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I never quite got into House and oddly enough, I haven't watched a single episode.

I suppose that's a shame because obviously it's got Hugh Laurie playing the lead. Seemingly over-the-top medical dramas don't appeal to me.

Hugh Laurie used to team up with the very brilliant Stephen Fry in the comedy team A Bit of Fry & Laurie. Fry should have had a bigger career.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby pjalst » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:17 pm

+1 ;-D

season 2 sucked for me though, couldn't get into the dock s#!t. all the other seasons rocked.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 29)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:45 pm

BigLebowski wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:Shows I've been watching:

Glee

I notice you're the only one.

I was watching but it got pretty bad really fast.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 271)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:28 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I never quite got into House and oddly enough, I haven't watched a single episode.

Hugh Laurie used to team up with the very brilliant Stephen Fry in the comedy team A Bit of Fry & Laurie. Fry should have had a bigger career.

Yeah, I know, I loved A Bit of Fry & Laurie. Not to mention Fry and Laurie's work in the Blackadder series.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:58 am

Dexter is setting up for a pretty good season right now.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk