What to watch on TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What to watch on TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby Tavish » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:52 am

bigken117 wrote:Orange is the New Black is one of a small number of shows my wife and I enjoy together.

I havent been able to pay complete attention to this when my wife is watching it, but from what I have watched it is a much better effort than Hemlock Grove. But didn't pull me in nearly as quickly as House of Cards did.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:04 pm

DbacksRback wrote:I really did try to get into GoT it's just way too slow. Most of the episode is waiting for something to actually happen. Watching Dexter I'm actually entertained. Shameless takes it to a different level though. Every scene is ither shocking or hilarious.

I've watched some of the original Shameless (UK) and didn't care too much for it.

With so many plots and subplots, Game of Thrones isn't really an action-oriented fantasy series. I have a strong preference towards the books. The TV series is more streamlined in comparison but misses the nuances of the books.

I'm waiting on the new season or half-season of Breaking Bad. Until then, I've been re-watching a few episodes of The Sopranos every now and then. I wanted to re-watch the show before James Gandolfini's death, but safe to say, his passing just accelerated my rediscovery of this fantastic show.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk