What to watch on TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What to watch on TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby Tavish » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:52 am

bigken117 wrote:Orange is the New Black is one of a small number of shows my wife and I enjoy together.

I havent been able to pay complete attention to this when my wife is watching it, but from what I have watched it is a much better effort than Hemlock Grove. But didn't pull me in nearly as quickly as House of Cards did.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:04 pm

DbacksRback wrote:I really did try to get into GoT it's just way too slow. Most of the episode is waiting for something to actually happen. Watching Dexter I'm actually entertained. Shameless takes it to a different level though. Every scene is ither shocking or hilarious.

I've watched some of the original Shameless (UK) and didn't care too much for it.

With so many plots and subplots, Game of Thrones isn't really an action-oriented fantasy series. I have a strong preference towards the books. The TV series is more streamlined in comparison but misses the nuances of the books.

I'm waiting on the new season or half-season of Breaking Bad. Until then, I've been re-watching a few episodes of The Sopranos every now and then. I wanted to re-watch the show before James Gandolfini's death, but safe to say, his passing just accelerated my rediscovery of this fantastic show.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Now that I'm (finally) caught up on Sherlock...

GiantsFan14 wrote:
jfg wrote:I'm finally watching Sherlock again and that's a great show. Not sure if you can call it a show, it's more like 3 movies the BBC makes a year that have a recurring theme since they are 1 1/2 hours a piece. If you like the mystery/crime genre at all this is probably the best show I've seen in that genre. Normally I do other things while watching TV but I had my eyes on the TV screen for all 4 and a half hours of the first season.

The first "season" was awesome, the second one was ridiculously boring. It's like they took out everything that made the first season so entertaining.

The middle episode is the weakest in both Seasons 1 and 2, but the premieres and finales are superb. No way is Season 2 boring since two of the best Sherlock episodes are in it (A Scandal in Belgravia and The Reichenbach Fall).

The first two episodes of Season 3 are slow going and quite boring. The season finale makes up for it in a big way.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:53 am

at S2E2 of The Wire. So far so good.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:03 pm

The Knick with clive owen coming out on Starz looks like it's gonna be the tits.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:25 pm

I'm on Season 1 of House of Cards, new Netflix production.

I'm also waiting on the new Doctor Who, with a new doctor Peter Capaldi, who is famous for playing Malcolm Tucker on The Thick of It (the show that inspired HBO's Veep). I always recommend The Thick of It to those who like political comedies/dramas or have a penchant for poetic obscenity-laden rants.

That said, I want to see the good doctor make some Tucker-like rants. :-B

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:23 pm

No one here is taking the time to discuss HBO's The Leftovers.

not sure what I think of it at this point, but i would think it's definitely a talker.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:39 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:No one here is taking the time to discuss HBO's The Leftovers.

not sure what I think of it at this point, but i would think it's definitely a talker.

I decided not to watch since they said they would never explain what happened to the missing people. They whole show will just be about the aftermath of them disappearing.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:51 pm

I saw previews of The Leftovers and I thought they looked good. Still, the promos weren't too convincing for me to see it right away. It's in my queue to watch though.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:24 pm

CNN.

anybody remember Duke LaCross?
Its happening again in Ferguson, MO.

Just yesterday, CNN, protesters, and the professional agitators were demanding information be released ..immediately.
This morning, CNN and protesters are pissed that information came out.

CNN has helped enflame this.
they are 24/7 on this story.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk