What to watch on TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What to watch on TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 am

Thoughts on The Following? I watched the first 3 episodes On Demand and the 4th live. Seems good although I have to sleep with the lights on. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Spartacus and The Walking Dead is back. Those are two tv shows I have watched since season 1. Modern Family is also a great show and Game of Thrones will be back on next month. I started to watch an old CBS show, Jericho. Its really a pleasant surprise.

As for The Following, Its ok. I watched the first episode but havent kept up with it.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby bigken117 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 pm

nothing about the first episode of Breaking Bad wants me to watch more :-X

Now on the other hand, the fact that nobody has mentioned Archer in this thread means I should probably lock it

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby j24jags » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:05 pm

bigken117 wrote:nothing about the first episode of Breaking Bad wants me to watch more :-X

Now on the other hand, the fact that nobody has mentioned Archer in this thread means I should probably lock it

BB starts slow, gets much better ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:14 pm

bigken117 wrote:nothing about the first episode of Breaking Bad wants me to watch more :-X

Season 1 is good. The ensuing seasons of Breaking Bad are very good, at worst.

Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:Game of Thrones will be back on next month.

I'm really looking forward to this season and the next. A Storm of Swords is the best book of the series by a good distance IMO, and that's divided in two seasons.

I haven't been watching much TV lately. However, I came across a nice article about Ducktales a few days ago and that just stoked interest in watching a few episodes, as well as a few childhood memories. All that nostalgia led me to watch a bit of Ren and Stimpy too. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Tavish » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:07 pm

I'm finding it harder and harder anymore to put any show on TV in the same category as Breaking Bad. It makes me more and more nervous about the final story arc bringing it back down to the level of some of the other current shows that started off great and just went down the wrong path.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 am

Tavish wrote:I'm finding it harder and harder anymore to put any show on TV in the same category as Breaking Bad. It makes me more and more nervous about the final story arc bringing it back down to the level of some of the other current shows that started off great and just went down the wrong path.

I'd say Homeland as the only other show currently on TV that I would include with Breaking Bad.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:43 am

Currently Watching

Great: The Americans
Good: Shameless, New Girl, Duck Dynasty
Guilty pleasure: Revolution
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:07 pm

I was catching up on the last season of The Thick of It, a parody of the inner workings of British politics. It's like a cross between Yes Minister and The Office (the original version).

It's inspired an American version on HBO called Veep, which I have yet to watch and has some creative influence from some folks who wrote The Thick of It.

So yes, The Thick of It is brilliant. It can be confusing at times, but the profanity-laden dialogue is inventive and funny.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby jfg » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm finally watching Sherlock again and that's a great show. Not sure if you can call it a show, it's more like 3 movies the BBC makes a year that have a recurring theme since they are 1 1/2 hours a piece. If you like the mystery/crime genre at all this is probably the best show I've seen in that genre. Normally I do other things while watching TV but I had my eyes on the TV screen for all 4 and a half hours of the first season.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk