What to watch on TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What to watch on TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 am

I've seen two episodes of Louie. The first was terrible but I love Louie CK's standup so much that I gave it another chance and the second episode was great. Fingers crossed for the third.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:37 pm

It's hit and miss and he really doesn't come across as sincere, but the material is so good it makes up for it.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 150)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I've seen two episodes of Louie. The first was terrible but I love Louie CK's standup so much that I gave it another chance and the second episode was great. Fingers crossed for the third.

There's a number of episodes where the stand up was the only part worth watching, but it's good enough to devote half an hour to every week.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Anybody seen the new BBC Sherlock series?
I have heard completely amazing reviews for this but cannot find it. Want to know if anyone has seen it before spending $30 on the DVDs
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Anybody seen the new BBC Sherlock series?
I have heard completely amazing reviews for this but cannot find it. Want to know if anyone has seen it before spending $30 on the DVDs

i've seen the first season and really liked it. it's on netflix btw.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby jfg » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:18 pm

I watched the first episode and really liked it. They're hour and a half long episodes, and I think there's only 3 episodes per season.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Anybody stream Netflix via Blu Ray player? Is it easy? No lagging issues? I'm thinking that'll be the easiest thing for me to do when I move. As long as it's Wifi ready should it work no problem, or do I need something specific with apps, etc.?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Postby bleach168 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:23 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Anybody stream Netflix via Blu Ray player? Is it easy? No lagging issues? I'm thinking that'll be the easiest thing for me to do when I move. As long as it's Wifi ready should it work no problem, or do I need something specific with apps, etc.?

I stream netflix through my ps3 and it's smooth as butter.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby jfg » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:33 pm

It depends on the Bluray player. Some interfaces are really smooth, some aren't. In my experience, all the gaming consoles are great for Netflix streaming although the Wii can only do SD. The Bluray player I used had a clunky interface but worked fine, and I also have used a WDTV Live which was the worst of all them because it always was changing resolution based on internet speed even though I had a consistent 20 MB down speed. If I had to choose the best player for Netflix, I'd go with the 360 even though you do have to pay the Gold subscription which made me go to PS3 since I don't do online gaming.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby bigken117 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:55 pm

bleach168 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Anybody stream Netflix via Blu Ray player? Is it easy? No lagging issues? I'm thinking that'll be the easiest thing for me to do when I move. As long as it's Wifi ready should it work no problem, or do I need something specific with apps, etc.?

I stream netflix through my ps3 and it's smooth as butter.

this

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk