What to watch on TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What to watch on TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby bleach168 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:01 pm

bleach168 wrote:
Almost done with the first book. Expecting to be disappointed with the TV series.

HBO series is actually very good. The sets and costumes are gorgeous. Most scenes worked out better in the book, but the Drogo speech in episode 7 was so much better on the show.

As a TV series, I expect a lot of stuff to be left out of the books, but I find it curious that they added a few extra scenes that weren't in the books. :-?
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Grimm was very good. A horror/thriller cop show with a supernatural basis. If anyone remembers the Denzel movie Fallen, it has that kind of a feel to it. Seems like it will have much more legs than Once Upon a Time.

I have become a fan of this show. Probably the first show in a long time I think about ahead of time. Since I went back to school in 2003 my night classes killed any chance at becoming a regular watcher of anything. And since graduation I still don't commit to anything...until The Walking Dead came on. And now Grimm.

The show is disjointed, tho. They were setting up the police chief as some evil guy and then its been like three shows and they show him as any other run-of-the-mill captain.

Anyway, next week is the finale. Perhaps a lot of stuff comes to a head.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby j24jags » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:10 pm

After watching the first 5-6 episodes of both Mad Men and Game of Thrones, I must say I'm much more hooked on the latter. I'm not saying I'll never get around to Mad Men, but it's going to the backburner.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:29 am

j24jags wrote:After watching the first 5-6 episodes of both Mad Men and Game of Thrones, I must say I'm much more hooked on the latter. I'm not saying I'll never get around to Mad Men, but it's going to the backburner.

I made it through about 75% of the first season of Mad Men and just drifted to other shows (mainly Breaking Bad). My wife loved MM though and watched every available episode on Netflix.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Metroid » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Grimm was very good. A horror/thriller cop show with a supernatural basis. If anyone remembers the Denzel movie Fallen, it has that kind of a feel to it. Seems like it will have much more legs than Once Upon a Time.

I have become a fan of this show. Probably the first show in a long time I think about ahead of time. Since I went back to school in 2003 my night classes killed any chance at becoming a regular watcher of anything. And since graduation I still don't commit to anything...until The Walking Dead came on. And now Grimm.

The show is disjointed, tho. They were setting up the police chief as some evil guy and then its been like three shows and they show him as any other run-of-the-mill captain.

Anyway, next week is the finale. Perhaps a lot of stuff comes to a head.

I've watched quite a few episodes and like it okay. It's not a favorite by any means but I find it entertaining. It's filmed here and is set in Portland, which is cool. I actually find it more interesting to try and guess where it is exactly scenes are shot and to try and pick up all the little references to Portland businesses and whatnot.

One of my professors at school is the on-set nurse for Grimm...that'd be a pretty sweet gig.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:19 am

To all the Game Of Thrones fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Qon-Udlhw

You're welcome
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Weeds is back and it's as ridiculous as ever. I wouldn't bother watching it but all the shows I watch still aren't back on yet. Dexter, Always Sunny, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones. Hurry up!
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 120)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Weeds is back and it's as ridiculous as ever. I wouldn't bother watching it but all the shows I watch still aren't back on yet. Dexter, Always Sunny, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones. Hurry up!

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. I'm always baffled at the end of an episode. I just legitimately don't understand how some of the things that happen or are said are approved by a professional writing staff. The scene with the woman asking about how they were going pay...was that supposed to be an actual commentary on health care? It was so absurdly heavy handed that it almost felt like they were making the opposite point. And stealing the food from the gift baskets of the old guy? That was an actual plot line? Really?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Anyone else watching the Newsroom? Only 2 episodes so far, but I'm liking it.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:36 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Anyone else watching the Newsroom? Only 2 episodes so far, but I'm liking it.
I On Demanded the first 2 episodes, and while it was kinda entertaining, I don't think it's something I'll be tuning into weekly.

I got Season 1 of Spartacus on DVD, and that, on the other hand, is everything that is cool about life. Absolutely loving it, about mid-way through Season 1. My friends warned me that the slow-motion captured fight sequences might be a little annoying at first, but I'd get used to them -- I actually love them. It's got a great 300 feel to it, with gratuitous nudity, violence, and vulgar language coming out it's ears. The story so far is compelling and fun as well. I recommend this to anyone who wants to flex their man muscle. Jupiter's c**k!!
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk