Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What to watch on TV

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Last episode of Game of Thrones 8-o O:-) :-D :-D :-D :-D
pure awesomeness
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:44 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Last episode of Game of Thrones 8-o O:-) :-D :-D :-D :-D
pure awesomeness
It's moving a little slow for me, but it's early in the season still.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:14 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Last episode of Game of Thrones 8-o O:-) :-D :-D :-D :-D
pure awesomeness
It's moving a little slow for me, but it's early in the season still.

But it was a feast for the eyes :-D
The sex and nudity is even better than True Blood.
Also more Tyrion means more better.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby jfg » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 pm

I liked Game of Thrones last year but I felt lost half the time with all the characters especially since the stories weren't meshed together yet. This season has been fantastic now that all of the plots are starting to come together. For those who read the books, I have a feeling you loved that they didn't dumb it down by introducing characters and over explaining everything. For us who hadn't, patience was the key and it's developed into one of the best shows in quite awhile.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Curtis Pride » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:13 pm

downloaded the first three seasons of Justified after seeing the previews all the time on FX.

Far better than I thought it was going to be. Timothy Oliphant is awesome in everything and especially great in this. His main antagonist who plays Boyd Crowder is also great.

Really solid This last season had an amazing villian.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:19 pm

I downloaded Avatar: The Last Airbender over winter break on a whim (remembered it from late childhood when I stopped watching kids' shows for the most part), and finally got around to watching it a couple weeks ago. Just finished it, and it was sensational. Given the trends in this topic, I doubt this will get much attention, but this show is legit.

Ignore the M. Night Shyamalan film though. I am.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby bleach168 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:12 pm

jfg wrote:I liked Game of Thrones last year but I felt lost half the time with all the characters especially since the stories weren't meshed together yet. This season has been fantastic now that all of the plots are starting to come together. For those who read the books, I have a feeling you loved that they didn't dumb it down by introducing characters and over explaining everything. For us who hadn't, patience was the key and it's developed into one of the best shows in quite awhile.

Almost done with the first book. Expecting to be disappointed with the TV series.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Game of Thrones is so damn good.

Tyrion ftw. Also Robb has really grown on me and Jon Snow is awesome. I find myself strangly rooting for Dany as well O:-)
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 812)

Postby jfg » Thu May 10, 2012 12:12 am

The only not awesome thing about Game of Thrones is that it's on Sunday nights. I've never understood why HBO shows are on Sundays.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Thu May 10, 2012 12:25 am

Here's my favorite shows on right now (not all are airing right now). HBO is really, really good right now.

1. Game of Thrones- #1 easy
2. Big Bang Theory- Still makes me laugh out loud every episode. I thought this one would go downhill but it hasn't.
3. Treme- Long hiatus, but the characters are second only to GOT.
4. Girls- It's early, but I've really enjoyed this. A lot of people are saying it's unrealistic but a lot of the characters remind me of people I hung around in college.
5. How I Met Your Mother- This one is going downhill fast, but I think they know that and are making steps to resolve the plot. It still has great moments though.
6. Happy Endings- I just marathoned the first season a few weeks ago and I really like it. Haven't watched the second season yet.
7. South Park- It's definitely not in it's prime, but there are still awesome episodes.
8. Downton Abbey- :-o Ok, this is more of a miniseries and it's very soap opera-ish. I stayed away from it for a long time because I thought it would be a typical British drama but it kind of takes the best elements of American and British prime time soaps and the characters are pretty enjoyable to watch. I laughed at my wife when she was watching it but I got sucked in.
9. The Simpsons- This makes the list because right after their 400th episode they had two fantastic shows and I thought the writers got an 8th wind. It went downhill again but they deserve a spot, because I still find time to watch it and they had a second there where it was still worth watching.
10. Saturday Night Live- Sketch comedy is hit or miss. I think that's what a lot of people don't get, and it's been about 30 years now that people have been saying SNL is dead. Yet all kinds of sketches from every one of those seasons are considered classic SNL now. You just have to go into it knowing your going to find about 2-3 of the sketches funny, Weekend Update might be good and the musical guest probably is going to suck. It's a lot easier to watch with a DVR.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk