tiny little things you might like to know thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

tiny little things you might like to know thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

tiny little things you might like to know thread

Postby zepfan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:44 pm

The OWS thread and a few other things have inspired me to start posting some things that are happening in the news from time to time. The things I'm thinking of for now don't tend to get a lot of play in the news between other important things like Beyonce's baby bump (not a shot at you JT, I thoroughly enjoyed the fake pregnancy clip and even passed it on) and 10 secret ways to cure the hiccups.

I'll try to check the current news mostly but I will throw in a few things from older news that people might not have known. If I post something old, and new developments have come about since that time, I will be happy to hear what they are. I don't pretend to know everything. In fact the more stuff I find out, the more questions I have. So if you can answer them (civilly) for me, chances are I will very much appreciate it. Also I won't freak out if someone corrects me on something. Knowledge is power. :-b Some of this stuff might end up touching dangerously close to (or fully immersed in) the dreaded "conspiracy land". Try not to freak out. In any case, I will try to provide links to mostly mainstream sites so it'll be more easily digestible for the masses. A lot of it will probably come from youtube, in which case yes, you might want to verify the source.

If you want to know which sites would be considered "mainstream" (mostly obvious) and which are considered independant, and just how credible those sites/people are, well that's up to you. The more people who do their homework the better :-b . For the most part, I try to check the sources before I go thinking that everything they say is true, so I'll try to apply that here. Having said that, a lot of stuff can be difficult to find after the media has made their token "oh yeah, this happened" (CBS - 2002 i think) report so again, sources are not always mainstream.

A lot of the stuff will be political in nature, but is not intended to take any kind of left-right stance as I only barely know the difference between the two. I do have opinions about some individual politicians and even then I don't which "side" they're on. I try to base my social and political ideas on individual cases and when I see patterns, then I try to apply them to the smallest demographic possible so as not to restrict myself to having only 2 or 3 ways of looking at everyone/everything in the world. It's always blown my mind, the whole republican vs. democrat thing. I don't get why one has to hate the other. What if I have some ideals that are left and some that are right? Is that not allowed? Don't people ever vote republican in one election and then democrat in another? What if I'm republican but the guy I like better is a democrat? :-S Anyway...

Also, some of this stuff is going to touch on things that some people (for reasons beyond my comprehension) seem afraid to talk about. Which I suppose could make it a not very active thread, which is fine. Hopefully at the very least they will be reading some of it. I have read the IMPORTANT: Read before entering into political discussions (I encourage you to do the same), and I have no doubt that I can abide by it. Again, the main idea is to post stuff that is relevant to the important news events that are happening around the world. Little of which is likely to involve Pippa Middleton's wardrobe.

so here is the first tiny little thing you might like to know:

Obama orders U.S. troops to help chase down African 'army' leader

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: tiny little things you might like to know thread

Postby zepfan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Labour party wants journalism licences

Finland vows care for narcolepsy kids who had swine flu shot

from the above...

Finnish and international researchers recently found a conclusive link between the Pandemrix swine flu vaccine and new cases of narcolepsy, a chronic nervous system disorder which causes people to often uncontrollably fall asleep....

In Finland, 79 children between the ages of four and 19 developed narcolepsy after receiving the Pandemrix vaccine in 2009 and 2010.

Of these cases, an unusually high number, 76, also suffered from bouts of cataplexy, suffering hallucinations or paralysing physical collapses, according to Finnish research.

from the weird/funny/pointless thread:

US scientists accuse Perry officials of censorship
Last edited by zepfan on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Kristen Bell.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:06 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:Kristen Bell.

did she get nude?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:39 am

zepfan wrote:What if I'm republican but the guy I like better is a democrat? :-S Anyway...

Hilarious how Americans think like this about politics :-b

Newsflash: The political parties AREN'T sporting teams (you don't "win" if your party gets in), and politicians are actually sleazy, double-talking pieces of beep. You are NOT "a republican" or "a democrat", if you call yourself that it actually means (to the rest of the world) that you're an automatic-voting mindless sheep. You're welcome America.

(Prepares for mod-edit and/or card) :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby zepfan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:01 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
zepfan wrote:What if I'm republican but the guy I like better is a democrat? :-S Anyway...

Hilarious how Americans think like this about politics :-b

Newsflash: The political parties AREN'T sporting teams (you don't "win" if your party gets in), and politicians are actually sleazy, double-talking pieces of beep. You are NOT "a republican" or "a democrat", if you call yourself that it actually means (to the rest of the world) that you're an automatic-voting mindless sheep. You're welcome America.

(Prepares for mod-edit and/or card) :-b

Woot! An on-topic response. ;-D

Here is the story of a guy named Tony Farrell as told by one Professor Rory Ridley Duff of Sheffield Hallam University who has launched a petition to get him reinstated.

"In July 2010, Tony Farrell, the Principal Intelligence Analyst of South Yorkshire Police reviewed available evidence for his annual threat assessment against the people of South Yorkshire, England. He came to the conclusion that it was less likely that the events of 9/11 and 7/7 were al-Qaeda terrorist attacks than ‘false flag’ terrorist operations carried out by the intelligence services of western governments. As the alleged al-Qaeda attack in London was thought to have been planned in Yorkshire, and his annual threat assessment took into account the local threat from terrorism to the people of South Yorkshire, he reported his concerns to senior officers. He asked for time to produce a new assessment that included the threat from intelligence services as well as al-Qaeda.

His commitment to professional standards at South Yorkshire Police that he must ‘not knowingly make any false, misleading or inaccurate written statements’ was reinforced by a religious belief that he ‘must not bear false witness’. When senior police officers would not give him additional time to revise his threat assessment, he refused to sign off the annual threat assessment on the basis that it would be misleading.

Senior police officers suspended, and later dismissed, Tony Farrell from his job on the grounds of ‘incompatible beliefs’. At the internal appeal hearing by South Yorkshire Police, the chair stated: ‘Your views are very sincere and you may be right but it is, I’m afraid, incompatible at the moment with where we are’ (Mr Hiller, Director of Finance, South Yorkshire Police, 2nd September 2010). Later, at his appeal on 6th October 2010, and again at the Employment Tribunal in September 2011, Mr Littlejoy (chair of the appeal panel) claimed that Tony Farrell’s views were ‘conspiracy theories invented without any evidence’ and that they were ‘outlandish’.

On the 9th September 2011, the Sheffield Employment Tribunal Service upheld the decision of South Yorkshire Police to dismiss Tony for ‘incompatible beliefs’ even though it surfaced in evidence that no police officer, no intelligence analyst, no police manager, and nobody on the appeal panel had checked the evidence that led Tony Farrell to revise his threat assessment. The Employment Tribunal panel refused to accept written works from Professor Ray Griffin and Dr Rory Ridley-Duff to rebut Mr Littlejoy’s claims that Tony Farrell’s ‘outlandish’ views had no evidence base.

This petition invites citizens, residents, workers and visitors to the UK to make an official complaint against the police service and employment tribunal service on the basis that this employment tribunal decision will affect them. At the employment tribunal , the Head of HR at South Yorkshire Police (Stephanie Barker) answered the question “are you saying that any person holding those views in South Yorkshire Police would not be able to work for them?”. She stated “Yes, that is the case.” (Statement based on the verbatim notes taken by a researcher). Therefore, not only is it the official policy of South Yorkshire Police to dismiss any person who questions the government account of the terrorist threat, the Employment Tribunal Service supports their decision to dismiss people on these grounds. In effect, the police service have a legally sanctioned right to dismiss staff and officers who question the truthfulness of the government’s account of the events of 7/7 or 9/11.

As a result, any person involved in legal proceedings on account of their beliefs on 7/7 and 9/11 cannot expect an independent, impartial investigation by the police service in either civil or criminal cases. All police staff who might be inclined to conduct impartial investigations into matters related to 7/7 or 9/11 will now fear dismissal. No member of the public who surfaces evidence of criminal activity related to 7/7 or 9/11 will be able to go to the police for an independent investigation because any line of enquiry that questions the official account will be immediately shut down.

Furthermore, the tribunal decision allows any employer to dismiss staff who question the government version of events related to 7/7 and 9/11 through their work on the basis that such beliefs are ‘incompatible’ with those of their employer. All working people in the United Kingdom are now at risk if they discuss government involvement in the events of 7/7 or 9/11 within the context of their work. No employee can expect fair treatment from the Employment Tribunal Service if their employer claims that questioning 7/7 and 9/11 is ‘incompatible’ with their work.

The signatories to this petition believe there can be no place in the Police Service or Employment Tribunal Service for people who reach conclusions in their professional work without properly considering the quality and quantity of evidence available, or who show contempt for employees – like Tony Farrell - whose work depends on the integrity of their commitment to establishing the truth.

zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:38 pm

i heart google.
With a simple search, and reading a number of interviews Tony Farrell gave, this "intelligence analyst" got his information about 9/11 and 7/7 from .... wait for it .... the internet and Alex Jones. :-D
The report he turned in, and this is his own words here, was a bunch of links to Info Wars, and he decided from watching the videos there, that the Masons and Illuminati were behind 9/11 ..

and he cant figure out why he was let go .. :-D :-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 718)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:13 pm

I thought this thread was about Marver's penis. Boom, roasted.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby zepfan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am

wrveres wrote:i heart google.
With a simple search, and reading a number of interviews Tony Farrell gave, this "intelligence analyst" got his information about 9/11 and 7/7 from .... wait for it .... the internet and Alex Jones. :-D
The report he turned in, and this is his own words here, was a bunch of links to Info Wars, and he decided from watching the videos there, that the Masons and Illuminati were behind 9/11 ..

and he cant figure out why he was let go .. :-D :-D

I think it’s kind of unfair to say “the internet and Alex Jones” as if they’re the same thing. Also, Alex Jones does seem to do a lot of fear mongering but it doesn’t mean everything he says is untrue.

As for the internet, I think it’s played a key role in allowing people to inform themselves about a lot of incredible information they wouldn’t otherwise have access to. It also allows experts from around the world to work together and substantiate their findings. Why wouldn’t those experts use the internet to try to inform people? It’s fairly obvious they are not able to do it through mainstream media.

Whether or not you believe it was the illuminati is one thing but this:

On the 9th September 2011, the Sheffield Employment Tribunal Service upheld the decision of South Yorkshire Police to dismiss Tony for ‘incompatible beliefs’ even though it surfaced in evidence that no police officer, no intelligence analyst, no police manager, and nobody on the appeal panel had checked the evidence that led Tony Farrell to revise his threat assessment. The Employment Tribunal panel refused to accept written works from Professor Ray Griffin and Dr Rory Ridley-Duff to rebut Mr Littlejoy’s claims that Tony Farrell’s ‘outlandish’ views had no evidence base.

Doesn’t make it sound like he was dealing with a very open-minded bunch.

Can I ask if you had any questions about the official story?

zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:16 am

zepfan wrote:It also allows experts from around the world to work together and substantiate their findings. Why wouldn’t those experts use the internet to try to inform people? It’s fairly obvious they are not able to do it through mainstream media.

you mean like these experts? or are they just part of the plot?
Can I ask if you had any questions about the official story?

i highly doubt this was the "official story" :-D
As a result, any person involved in legal proceedings on account of their beliefs on 7/7 and 9/11 cannot expect an independent, impartial investigation by the police service in either civil or criminal cases. All police staff who might be inclined to conduct impartial investigations into matters related to 7/7 or 9/11 will now fear dismissal. No member of the public who surfaces evidence of criminal activity related to 7/7 or 9/11 will be able to go to the police for an independent investigation because any line of enquiry that questions the official account will be immediately shut down.
its not like you provided a link or anything.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 718)

Next

Return to General Talk