Iphone 4 or Iphone 4s??? HELP? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Iphone 4 or Iphone 4s??? HELP?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Iphone 4 or Iphone 4s??? HELP?

Postby RugbyD » Wed May 02, 2012 10:48 pm

Samsung Galaxy S3 makes it's debut tomorrow. Been hanging on to a lemon BBerry waiting for it. Hopefully it has enough battery or else I'll have to go with the RAZR MAXX.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:34 am

jfg wrote:Is 4g that important? The only time I've ever had an issue with download speed on 3g is when I'm in a dead zone but that's going to be an issue with 4g as well. I guess it depends if you have an unlimited data plan and do a lot of things that require fast speeds. I can only think of Netflix and remote desktop apps as apps that would benefit from 4g... right now at least. But even then, and this is just me personally, the times I would use those apps the most is when I'm away from a metropolitan area on vacation where 4g doesn't exist. I'm sure 4g or something better will become the standard soon, but I wouldn't base my purchase on it and I most definitely wouldn't pay extra for it.

4g is important if you're on Verizon or Sprint where the 3g is horribly slow. On T-Mobile or AT&T, the 3g is good enough for most people.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby jfg » Thu May 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Maybe it just depends where you live. I have ATT on my phone and Verizon on my iPad and they both get similar speeds and both have dead zones just in different places.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:43 am

jfg wrote:Yes, get the 4s. It might not look all that different now but I guarantee that there will be updates that regular 4 won't be able to get. Probably in the next 6 months. I'm not positive, but I think this might be the first iphone that has a new feature (Siri) that won't be usable on any older iphone. So, if you're signing a 2 year contract and don't get to upgrade this thing for a year and a half without paying full price, get the 4s. The only thing I wouldn't do is pay full price for it if I was already in a contract.

Good call. iOS 6 just announced and it looks like the cool features will be added to the 4S but not the 4.

"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 pm

So my home button on my iPhone 4 is going. It works maybe 50% of the time I push it, and it further deteriorating. I've had my phone maybe a year and a half. Halp! Can I get a replacement phone through Verizon with my insurance for $150 or whatever it is? I don't remember if I have Applecare or not, and from what I understand after a year Apple won't help.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:05 pm

After a year you need to pay the out of warranty replacement cost which I think is $150 or something. Doesn't hurt to go in to an Apple Store and see if they'll do it for free. They have been known for going above and beyond their requirements for customer care on occasion, although not so much since the 4S came out. You also might want to just disassemble part of the phone and maybe clean out the button area. I've been having the same problem, and so has a friend of mine. If it's a mechanical issue it should be easy to fix on your own. To me it seems like you need to press the home button 2 or 3 times for it to register properly. Contributes to the overall feeling of lagginess, and part of the reason I switched back to my 4S.

EDIT: Also found this. Summary: tap the bottom of the phone while applying a vacuum to the dock connector port. Seems to have helped a lot of people.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:39 pm

just read about the issue you are having yesterday and then, today, my home button was acting up a bit. is this thread cursed?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby jfg » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 pm

I had that happen on my original iPad and it wasn't actually an issue with the button, it was a memory issue that I could never resolve. It happened after an update and a lot of people had the same issues and there were some temporary fixes but it always came back. I don't know if this should be an issue with the 4 though, but who knows.

This is my one huge gripe about Apple products. They give updates to devices that probably shouldn't be getting them and then make it really hard to go back to an OS that worked. They are rolling out a lot of the iOS 6 features to the 3gs and if I had a 3gs I'd be waiting to upgrade until hearing that it doesn't cripple the device. Honestly, I might be doing the same if I had a 4 but I doubt it will be an issue since there's not a huge difference btw. the 4 and 4s hardware wise.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby bleach168 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 pm

My power button on my Nexus One wore out and it cost me $55 to get it fixed. I'm sure there is some shop in your neighborhood that specializes in fixing iPhones. It would be a lot cheaper and faster to check with them.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:07 pm

jfg wrote:I had that happen on my original iPad and it wasn't actually an issue with the button, it was a memory issue that I could never resolve. It happened after an update and a lot of people had the same issues and there were some temporary fixes but it always came back. I don't know if this should be an issue with the 4 though, but who knows.

This is my one huge gripe about Apple products. They give updates to devices that probably shouldn't be getting them and then make it really hard to go back to an OS that worked. They are rolling out a lot of the iOS 6 features to the 3gs and if I had a 3gs I'd be waiting to upgrade until hearing that it doesn't cripple the device. Honestly, I might be doing the same if I had a 4 but I doubt it will be an issue since there's not a huge difference btw. the 4 and 4s hardware wise.

Yeah, I have a 3GS and haven't been thrilled with its performance with iOS 5. The new music app that replaced the old iPod app is particularly slow.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk