Iphone 4 or Iphone 4s??? HELP? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Iphone 4 or Iphone 4s??? HELP?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Iphone 4 or Iphone 4s??? HELP?

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Boyakasha wrote:Can we revisit this question? Now that it's been a while, if you had to buy one now, would you go with the iPhone 4S or the cheaper iPhone 4?

Some of my friends have the 4S, and there isn't anything it does that I'd pay additional $ for that I can't do on my 4.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Like I said earlier, it depends on how much you value Siri and 1080p video capture functionality. To a greater extent, it also depends on how willing you are to wait for the iPhone 5 (and the infinite number of rumors), which could boast some radical feature changes (i.e. bigger screen, 4G LTE).

If you just need a phone to hold you over for now, especially when waiting for the iPhone 5 (ETA Fall), I'd get the bog-standard 4.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Stay with the droid ...they have added a "mobile internet switch" now. It cuts the 4g/3g off. My battery lasts forever now on the 4g thunderbolt battery hog! Iphone controls too much
DelhommesFan1
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:25 pm

DelhommesFan1 wrote:Stay with the droid ...they have added a "mobile internet switch" now. It cuts the 4g/3g off. My battery lasts forever now on the 4g thunderbolt battery hog! Iphone controls too much

FWIW, the OP had an Incredible, which predated 4G enabled phones.

Also, switching from 4G to 3G doesn't ensure the phone will last the whole day, unless you've done that, decreased screen brightness and/or are using an extended battery. I have a Galaxy Nexus and battery life on a bog-standard battery is sub-par, even with 3G on all day.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:00 pm

The mobile internet widget cuts the internet completely off like i said. Its not a toggle to switch between 3g and 4g. You still receive phone calls and texts. You just do not have the internet running the background throughout the day. If you use this widget when you are not using the internet on the phone it will easily get you through a day to a day/half without a recharge. According the droid forums this upgrade should work on the incredible as well.

Below is a link to how to set it up on your phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAq1B7FL ... re=related
DelhommesFan1
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Iphone 4 or Iphone 4s??? HELP?

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 am

DelhommesFan1 wrote:The mobile internet widget cuts the internet completely off like i said. Its not a toggle to switch between 3g and 4g. You still receive phone calls and texts. You just do not have the internet running the background throughout the day. If you use this widget when you are not using the internet on the phone it will easily get you through a day to a day/half without a recharge. According the droid forums this upgrade should work on the incredible as well.

Below is a link to how to set it up on your phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAq1B7FL ... re=related

pretty sure this is spam.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:30 pm

The 4S is a lot snappier. You don't really notice the lag on a 4 until you've had a 4S for a while and then go back to the 4. It's nothing compared to using an Android or something in terms of lag (at least the ones I've used) but it's still noticeable. Could be that the phone is 2 years old as well, and gets worse with age. Pretty impressive that it's so old and is still better than the new phones with huge specs.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby bigken117 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:51 pm

eligible for an upgrade from my Incredible.

iPhone doesn't have 4G.
Razr / Razr Maxx don't have removable battery or micro SD spot.
Galaxy Note/Journal doesn't appear to be heading to Verizon anytime soon.
Heard/read bad things about the camera on the Nexus.

So I went with the Rezound. Already being familiar with HTC helped. So far so good.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby jfg » Tue May 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Is 4g that important? The only time I've ever had an issue with download speed on 3g is when I'm in a dead zone but that's going to be an issue with 4g as well. I guess it depends if you have an unlimited data plan and do a lot of things that require fast speeds. I can only think of Netflix and remote desktop apps as apps that would benefit from 4g... right now at least. But even then, and this is just me personally, the times I would use those apps the most is when I'm away from a metropolitan area on vacation where 4g doesn't exist. I'm sure 4g or something better will become the standard soon, but I wouldn't base my purchase on it and I most definitely wouldn't pay extra for it.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 01, 2012 7:18 pm

I've been eligible for an upgrade from my iPhone 3GS for the past few months but I'm holding out for the iPhone 5. I was hoping it'd come in June but it's looking more like October now. Either way it's worth the wait to me.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk