Bevy of keepers - Teix Trade WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Bevy of keepers - Teix Trade WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bevy of keepers - Teix Trade WHIR

Postby Guzman24 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Traded away a couple picks at the deadline last season (1st and 2nd) so I'm trying to get them back this offseason with my extra keepers.

12 team league. 5x5 H2H OBP instead of AVG and QS instead of W's

Possible keepers: Reyes, Votto, Teix, Holliday, Kemp, Granderson, Weeks, M. Young, Verlander, Price, JJohnson, Kimbrel

I've been offered a 1st and a 2nd rounder for Teix. It seems like I'm selling myself a bit short with 96 players kept but it would take care of my draft issue instantly and would still have a number of excellent keeper options even if I dealt Teix away.

Also, I'm wondering how many years Teix has left as an "elite" player? Do you think he still has 40hr potential or was the down average this year a sign of his impending decline?
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bevy of keepers - Teix Trade WHIR

Postby fast dogs » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:54 pm

He said he was swinging for the fences too much; I'd expect the average to come back up some. You do have some other good options if you keep 8 as it appears. No you aren't getting full value for Teix, but you are probably doing about as well as you can trading for 1st and 2nd rounder. If your 8th wasn't so strong I might pass, but draft picks might be tough to get for your lesser players
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 299)

Postby kaiser » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:27 pm

I agree with fast dogs. I would make this deal. I think you are getting solid value for Tex, and you are still left with a huge number of high quality bats.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 308)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Maybe I missed it but how many keepers to you get?

I'd wouldn't trade Tex for the picks. I still think he is an elite 1B. His BABIP was .239 last year. I really doubt he hits under .250 again.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby Guzman24 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:45 pm

To clarify we keep 8.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Reyes, Votto,Teix, Holliday, Kemp, Granderson, Verlander
I'd keep those 7 for sure and see what you can get shopping Weeks, Price and Kimbrel.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Reyes, Votto, Holliday, Kemp, Granderson, M. Young, Verlander, Price,

Pretty much swapping out Tex for Young and 2 picks. I would probably do the deal.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:02 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:Reyes, Votto, Holliday, Kemp, Granderson, M. Young, Verlander, Price,

Pretty much swapping out Tex for Young and 2 picks. I would probably do the deal.

Really??? I don't see M. Young repeating his 2011 numbers plus he is 35.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MaudDib » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 pm

I am not really loving the deal. I think Tex is worth more to you in your roster than Young and 2 picks. I would be more inclined to try and trade Granderson while his stick is so high but again I don't think you are going to get enough in return.

Of course the obvious thing to do here is try and trade 2 players for a better player but those are always hard to pull off. Or look to get a young future stud and draft pick for a couple players might be good as well. Like Tex for Hosmer and a pick or Granderson for Hosmer/Lawrie/Jennings. Or even go really risky and try take a guy like Heyward and a pick in the thought that Heyward is only going to get better so you are getting a future stud.

I personally would try and get Hosmer or Lawrie while you can while also getting a pick to help out your draft.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Guzman24 wrote:Traded away a couple picks at the deadline last season (1st and 2nd) so I'm trying to get them back this offseason with my extra keepers.

12 team league. 5x5 H2H OBP instead of AVG and QS instead of W's

Possible keepers: Reyes, Votto, Teix, Holliday, Kemp, Granderson, Weeks, M. Young, Verlander, Price, JJohnson, Kimbrel

I've been offered a 1st and a 2nd rounder for Teix. It seems like I'm selling myself a bit short with 96 players kept but it would take care of my draft issue instantly and would still have a number of excellent keeper options even if I dealt Teix away.

Also, I'm wondering how many years Teix has left as an "elite" player? Do you think he still has 40hr potential or was the down average this year a sign of his impending decline?

Votto 1b
Weeks 2b
Teix CI
Reyes SS
OF Holliday, Kemp, Granderson,
Verlander

Just keep these.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero