Champ Dynasty Team...Who to Trade? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Champ Dynasty Team...Who to Trade? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Champ Dynasty Team...Who to Trade? WHIR

Postby zooiiks » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Dynasty pts h2h league. Value on pitching/hitting pretty equal but holds are = to saves and we only get 8 starts per week. I won the league, 1st in pitching, 5th in hitting. Made some in-season acquisitions for older, offensive players that helped me along, but I feel my offense is due for a fall, so would like to know who you think I should trade. WHIR

At the moment, this is how I look for next yr, though will need to make room for IR guys

C) Napoli - draft
1B) Lind - draft
2B) Pedroia -draft
3B) Lawrie - trade
SS) Hardy - fa
LF) Morrison - draft
CF) C Young - draft
RF) Beltran - trade
DH) M Young - trade
Bench) N Cruz (trade), R Roberts (fa), Willingham (fa)
IR) Hanley (draft), Ike Davis (draft)

SP) Verlander (draft), Weaver (draft), Shields (draft), Gallardo (draft), Anibal (draft), T Hudson (trade), McCarthy (fa), Dickey (fa), Baker (fa), Matusz (draft)
RP) Adams (draft), Marshall (fa), D Hernandez (fa), Madson (draft)
IR) Johan (draft)

I've got Salvador Perez (fa) and Giavatolla (fa) in the minors offensively, but everyone else is far away. I've got Matt Moore (draft), Wade Miley (fa), and Shelby Miller (draft) knocking on the door pitching-wise

So, who do you think I should deal to get some offense and which position(s) would you address? Or do you think I'm ok the way I am?

Any help is appreciated and WHIR!

Many thanks!
zooiiks
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Champ Dynasty Team...Who to Trade? WHIR

Postby bayside » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:23 am

See what you can get for Weaver or Shields. They are both coming off career years and are due for some regression (mostly in ERA).
They are also at the absolute peak of their value. You could even trade both since you have Moore in the wings.

One or both of those guys should net you some serious talent - im thinking youd be able to land a Braun/Kemp caliber bat if you package one of them with say Cruz or Beltran.
Or maybe target a top tier 1B in a package deal? (MCab, Votto, AGon, Fielder would be my preference in that order, based on age + production)

A core of Verlander, Gallardo, Moore, Sanchez, Hudson is pretty solid still.

Thanks for the help in my thread!
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:26 am

I'd try to pull off a huge trade:

Weaver, Napoli, Beltran, and Mike Young
for
Adam Jones, Carlos Santana, and maybe Joey Votto.

Go for an OF who is ready to break out a younger catcher and a stud 1b in his prime.
You seem to be set elsewhere.

Maybe offer up Tim Huddy for Andre Ethier and hope he can bounce back.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1956)

Postby hoopsgalnyc » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 am

i agree that it would be nice to move a guy like shields who has had inconsistent results for someone more consistent. but my guess is that most managers probably view him the same way. my league is mostly new yorkers, so we hate beltran, but if your league isn't similarly biased, he's a guy who generally can't stay healthy who i'd love to get rid of. napoli, too, because his BABIP was so high this year.

thinking outside the box a bit, i'd actually be inclined to move verlander off his career year. your lineup doesn't look like it'll hit for average or score many runs, m. young and pedroia aside. i'd love to move verlander and one of the guys discussed above for a stud 1b (votto, cabrera, someone) and another good player or two. i think if you play your cards right, you could get really overpaid for verlander.
hoopsgalnyc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby StealingHome » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:10 pm

hoopsgalnyc wrote:thinking outside the box a bit, i'd actually be inclined to move verlander off his career year. your lineup doesn't look like it'll hit for average or score many runs, m. young and pedroia aside. i'd love to move verlander and one of the guys discussed above for a stud 1b (votto, cabrera, someone) and another good player or two. i think if you play your cards right, you could get really overpaid for verlander.

Thanks with the help with mine. I tend to agree with the above. See if you can get someone to overpay for one of your pitchers for an upgrade at 1B. Maybe even for multiple players. I'm curious to see how far Mark Teixeira's status falls in people's eyes.
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby MaudDib » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:36 am

I would also look to buy low on guys. Jason Heyward, Evan Longoria, Matt Weiters, Colby Rasmus or David Wright are all guys with down years that have a lot of upside. Longoria and Wright are still going to take a bit to land but might be hand at a cheaper price than you expect. I might target the teams that have some of these guys and see if you can get them as throw-ins or something in a deal for another player.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions