Please help me with H2H Keeper Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Please help me with H2H Keeper Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please help me with H2H Keeper Question

Postby DLRBusiness » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Hey Everybody,
Thanks for any help you can give me, and I'll answer your questions too if you have any. I'm in a H2H, 12man keeper league where we keep any 13 players. Here are my keepers:
C Jesus Montero
1b Eric Hosmer
2b Pedroia
SS Tulowitski
3b Brett Lawrie
OF Alex Gordon
OF Jay Bruce
OF Justin Upton
DH Prince Fielder
SP Kershaw
SP Hellickson
SP Matt Moore

Who should I keep for my last spot: SP Bumgardner or OF Mike Trout? Next year I would probably have the last or second to last pick in the draft. Bumgardner is good, not a big strike out artist in the minors but pretty good in the majors, and Trout is being compared to Mantle though his young stats don't show it yet. However, pitchers are easy to come by. What do you think? Thanks for any help!
DLRBusiness
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please help me with H2H Keeper Question

Postby Mohillian » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:57 pm

I'd go with Trout but don't expect big things next season...however, everything about Trout says potential star.
Mohillian
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Keep both and toss back Hellickson, his stats are pretty misleading (2.90 ERA vs 4.63 xFIP for example), resembles Trevor Cahill and pitches in the AL East.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DLRBusiness » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:15 am

Thanks!
DLRBusiness
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Cream » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 am

Grounded Polo wrote:Keep both and toss back Hellickson, his stats are pretty misleading (2.90 ERA vs 4.63 xFIP for example), resembles Trevor Cahill and pitches in the AL East.

I like this as well - I'm a Hellickson owner as well who needs to decide on whether or not to keep him. I'm leaning towards trying to flip him before the draft next year for picks rather than keeping. He was pretty lucky this year and as GP said he's pitching in the East.

Help - viewtopic.php?t=436923
Cream
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby hoopsgalnyc » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:21 pm

DLR,

While long-term roster considerations are important, the most important season is always next year. Bumgarner is the clear choice over Trout. Even though Trout is a big prospect, he's very young, and I wouldn't expect a stellar fantasy season from him next year.

I also agree with the fellow who noted that Hellickson's stats are misleading bc his FIP stinks. He also doesn't strike anyone out. I'd keep Trout over him, for sure.

I also would be curious to see the rest of your roster.

Please let me know what you think of my Lester vs. Kennedy question in the forum.
hoopsgalnyc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby DLRBusiness » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks. Maybe I should keep Bumgarner and Hellickson over Trout and see if I can get Trout in the first round? My starting OFs are young and you're right, Trout is probably about two years away from fantasy relevance right? Even though Hellickson isn't striking anybody out, he's a rookie, Kd a lot of people in the minors, is probably going to win ROY and his delivery is smooth.
DLRBusiness
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:31 pm

DLRBusiness wrote:Thanks. Maybe I should keep Bumgarner and Hellickson over Trout and see if I can get Trout in the first round? My starting OFs are young and you're right, Trout is probably about two years away from fantasy relevance right? Even though Hellickson isn't striking anybody out, he's a rookie, Kd a lot of people in the minors, is probably going to win ROY and his delivery is smooth.

Trevor Cahill had a minor league K/9 close to 10. :-D

I think Bumgarner is the obvious keep of the 3, Trout vs Hellickson is the decision. Bumgarner is flat out better than Hellickson in every category, period.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions