Matt Moore - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matt Moore

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matt Moore

Postby Y`s Guy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:52 am

Last night v. a weaker Yankee lineup Matt Moore dominated. His delivery looked so smooth out there.

Definitely initiated at least 5 drool drips.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: Matt Moore

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:04 am

If he opens 2012 with the big club, I'd be very interested to see when he goes in drafts... how high will the preseason hype push him?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:00 pm

So happy about this start - I own him in a keeper where you can keep guys for free until they're called up, and I was pissed when I heard he was coming up but thought to myself "I hope he has a double-digit K performance so I can flip him in a deal for a bat" since I already own Lee, Verlander and Hamels and won't use more than those 3 spots on pitchers. So, since they Rays had to call him up - which seemed inevitable - I'm glad it went down this way. Now I just need to find someone to bite so I can get some value for him while the iron's hot ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:15 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:So happy about this start - I own him in a keeper where you can keep guys for free until they're called up, and I was pissed when I heard he was coming up but thought to myself "I hope he has a double-digit K performance so I can flip him in a deal for a bat" since I already own Lee, Verlander and Hamels and won't use more than those 3 spots on pitchers. So, since they Rays had to call him up - which seemed inevitable - I'm glad it went down this way. Now I just need to find someone to bite so I can get some value for him while the iron's hot ;-)

Why not keep the crazy upside youngster and trade away the aging wonder Lee?
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby J35J » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Moore is crazy talented...no reason why he can't be hyped at least "close" to what Stras was...he's that good. The biggest difference being one pitches in the NL West while the other pitches in the AL West...which isn't a small difference.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:21 pm

J35J wrote:Moore is crazy talented...no reason why he can't be hyped at least "close" to what Stras was...he's that good. The biggest difference being one pitches in the NL West while the other pitches in the AL West...which isn't a small difference.

So if you had to guess, about what round are you thinking? Earlier than 10?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:41 pm

J35J wrote:The biggest difference being one pitches in the NL West
Oh soo close too .. it came down to three games in late September 2008. All the 63 win Friars had to do was fold on the road against the Nats, and the local hero was theirs. Who would even care if Buddy sent out the scrubs from the 40 man. It was some 3000 miles away. It was September. San Diegans had already moved on to Football.. But nope, the Friars sent out all the regulars, and went on to whip up on the Nats, swept em as a matter of fact ....
and lost Strausberg for ever.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby clevername » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:13 pm

oy, didn't realize that's how it went down. I would have been furious as a Pads fan.

Got in on Moore in my dynasty and I'm pretty excited at this point. Really hoping the Rays don't take the Desmond Jennings path with him.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby MasterX1918 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Inukchuk wrote:If he opens 2012 with the big club, I'd be very interested to see when he goes in drafts... how high will the preseason hype push him?

I can't see it going much higher than Hellickson or Price levels
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby J35J » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:10 pm

wrveres wrote:
J35J wrote:The biggest difference being one pitches in the NL West
Oh soo close too .. it came down to three games in late September 2008. All the 63 win Friars had to do was fold on the road against the Nats, and the local hero was theirs. Who would even care if Buddy sent out the scrubs from the 40 man. It was some 3000 miles away. It was September. San Diegans had already moved on to Football.. But nope, the Friars sent out all the regulars, and went on to whip up on the Nats, swept em as a matter of fact ....
and lost Strausberg for ever.

LOL, East/West, whats the difference. Yeah, obviously meant NL East and AL East...
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers