Lester or Kennedy in a keeper? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Lester or Kennedy in a keeper?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lester or Kennedy in a keeper?

Postby hoopsgalnyc » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:56 pm

bayside, stealinghome, thanks for replying + including reasoning. i probably will keep lester.
hoopsgalnyc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zooiiks » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:04 pm

bayside wrote:Think about it like this:
of the guys you are considering as your final keeper, which one would you have the best shot at redrafting?
I believe thats Kennedy because nobody is going to draft him if Lester is still available. so he'd be the guy i cut.
You just have to think about your draft position and which other playerss will be available.

This would be my strategy...Kennedy's the easier redraft. Plus I think he needs to show me a little more become I become a true believer. Lester also has the greater pedigree/name meaning you could get a good deal more when trading him than you would for Kennedy.

Please help w/ mine. Thanks! http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=437095
zooiiks
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 38)

Postby stlcards02 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Lester is def the safer pick. He has the track record on his side. And I agree with the above comments on redraft position. Kennedy may very well be the next up and coming star, but he could just as easily fall back a step. His 21 wins are gonna be very tough to repeat.
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 31)

Postby nolesox » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 pm

I would also keep Lester because of the track record he is the safer bet. But I would really explore packaging Hamilton/Tex w/ one of those SP to upgrade at another position. Hamilton is a major health concern and Tex ties up a Utility spot w/ Votto already in tow. Kennedy and Lester are close enough to one another that trading Lester and his extra perceived value would make a lot of sense. If you can add an elite player at another position then that would be ideal. It's probably easier said than done I know but a package of Hamilton/Tex and Lester/Kennedy should be enough for an owner who doesn't have as great options for his last few keeper spots. I would be proactive and at least see who you might be able to get for that kind of a package. I wouldn't take anything less than an elite guy back preferably a 3B or OF like a Longo a Braun or a Kemp type. Those guys are tough to get but definatley worth exploring for the right team 2 of those guys and maybe even throw in a M Young would work well for both sides.
nolesox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions