Top Prospects for 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top Prospects for 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Top Prospects for 2012

Postby pizzaboy76 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Trying to find lists of top prospects for 2012. Anyone have any yet or know of any sites that have them listed already. Trying to make some decisions in my keeper league.
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top Prospects for 2012

Postby bayside » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm

this is the best list i've found so far:

http://razzball.com/top-50-fantasy-base ... 12-part-i/

not sure when part II comes out, but this should give you a good place to start
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:21 pm

viewtopic.php?t=436858

Razball's list is good despite some glaring omissions (no Bryce Harper, Domonic Brown, Trevor Bauer, Taillon etc) but that list seems more geared toward MLB ready players. I think Trout/Harper is #1 ahead of Moore but it's close since they're all elite players. Razzball also seemed to have forgotten about Banuelos and Betances which is odd since they're Yankees prospects, i'd rather have those guys than Turner who just looks like another Porcello.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bayside » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:16 am

that list is specifically geared towards fantasy production in 2012.

nobody expects harper to contribute to the Nats before Sept of next yr AT THE EARLIEST. he hasnt even shown that he can hit AA pitching yet, so why would he be included on that list? look up his AA stats if you dont believe me.

and Bauer has thrown all of 25 MiLB innings... i've only seen one article that suggests he'll be part of the d'backs rotation out of spring training,
http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index. ... f-ottoneu/
and even if he does land land the job, what makes you think hes going to dominate major league hitters as soon as next year?

Brown has over 200 PA's with philly this yr so hes no longer a prospect (wont even qualify as a rookie next yr)

also the link only shows the top 50, so who knows what the 2nd half of it will include.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 am

bayside wrote:that list is specifically geared towards fantasy production in 2012.

nobody expects harper to contribute to the Nats before Sept of next yr AT THE EARLIEST. he hasnt even shown that he can hit AA pitching yet, so why would he be included on that list? look up his AA stats if you dont believe me.

and Bauer has thrown all of 25 MiLB innings... i've only seen one article that suggests he'll be part of the d'backs rotation out of spring training,

what are you talking about? Go back and read my post and tell me where I suggested anything along those lines.

and FWIW Bryce Harper getting called up next summer isn't entirely inconceivable, his numbers at AA look pedestrian because he battled hamstring problems since getting called up from single A. If he performs well at AA next season it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get called up at 19 just like Justin Upton did.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 am

MasterX1918 wrote:what are you talking about? Go back and read my post and tell me where I suggested anything along those lines.

Relax, man. I'm pretty sure he was just pointing out that the razzball list was geared for 2012 production only, then explaining why he thought a few guys weren't on it.

Pretty sure he wasn't trying to show you up... :-°
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby clevername » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:23 am

the DBacks had conversations about calling Bauer up this year. Don't think it's silly to think he'd seriously contend for a spot in the spring, but it may be crowded with Parker seemingly taking a step and Skaggs likely competing as well.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bayside » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:34 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:what are you talking about? Go back and read my post and tell me where I suggested anything along those lines.

and FWIW Bryce Harper getting called up next summer isn't entirely inconceivable, his numbers at AA look pedestrian because he battled hamstring problems since getting called up from single A. If he performs well at AA next season it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get called up at 19 just like Justin Upton did.

wow chill dude. you said:
some glaring omissions (no Bryce Harper, Domonic Brown, Trevor Bauer, Taillon etc)

so i was merely pointing out why razzball may have omitted those guys. didnt mean to offend you

edit - i was thinking exactly what Inukchuck said
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers