Which 8 pitchers for FINAL week (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Which 8 pitchers for FINAL week (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which 8 pitchers for FINAL week (WHIR)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:14 am

Going down the stretch run.....last week of the season (includes next weeks 3 games)

I am ahead by 46Fantasy Points, (its a Fantasy Point Auction League) with it being an Auction league, if I choose to start all 3 of the following (Gallardo$39 Sabathia$37 Beckett$37) then I would have to sit 2B-D.Uggla for the whole week, in order to maintain the salary @ the max. $305

Which 8 to pick from the following, (Closers and Relievers)
Rotation Choices:
Beckett $37 vsBAL (Hunter) @BAL (Britton) should get both starts, since they are only 2 games up on Rays. One would think
Gallardo $39 vsFLA (Volstad) vsPIT (Locke) doubt he pitches on the last day of the season, get him ready for playoffs, coming off a great game tho.
Hudson $3 @WAS (Strasburg) vsPHI (Hamels) Might have to pitch last day of the year, since they are only 3 games up on Cards, and I doubt he faces Hamels
Luebke $1 @COL (Millwood) vsLAD (Kershaw) tough matchup vs Kershaw but its at home.
Pomeranz $3 @HOU (Myers) @SF (Surkamp) might not make last start, innings limit? just assuming
Sabathia $37 @TB (Shields) vsTB (Shields) should get both starts.....26th is Monday next week. still 5 days prior to playoffs
Vazquez $1 vsATL (Lowe) vsWAS (Lannan) has been a gold mine for me......
Vogelsong $3 vsCOL (Chacin) @LAD (Eveland) should get both starts for the out of contention Giants, and he has had a great season.
Delgado $3 @FLA (Sanchez) vsPHI (Worley) you would think he starts, with everyone else hurt or sucking, (Hanson/Jurrjens/Lowe)
Hanrahan $1 vsCIN @ARZ @MIL (3 good games vs the Reds, who the Pirates have beaten all year, but then an ugly road trip to end the season Zona and Brewers, where the Pirates never win. Maybe I sit him?
Bard $1 vsBAL @BAL @NYY (has been awful, of late. no need to use him now)
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which 8 pitchers for FINAL week (WHIR)

Postby Fantasy GM » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:05 pm

How much over the $305 would you be if all 3 started? I ask because the $1 and $3 guys don't put much of a dent into your cap by themselves. If Gallardo is really only getting 1 start, then he has the least value of the three. If they all get two starts, then - this will be weird - but CC is the weak link out of those 3. TB is a lot tougher than who the Red Sox and Brewers face.

The answer to the question above those may allow you to use all 3 perhaps.
Fantasy GM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Which 8 pitchers for FINAL week (WHIR)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:33 pm

In order to start all 3, then I have to sit Uggla @ 2B, (salary is high) and go with Lawrie and Prado, (we start 2 at each position)

I believe My Options are this,

Sit Uggla and Start Gallardo (probably one start this week)
OR
Sit Gallardo and start Delgado(ATL) vsFLA (Sanchez) and maybe another start next week for him making him a 2 starter. That will allow me to keep Uggla in @ 2B, and move Prado to OF if I wish?
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Return to Who to Start/Bench