Some interesting young keeper P options...WHIR as always!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Some interesting young keeper P options...WHIR as always!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some interesting young keeper P options...WHIR as always!!!

Postby pre1322 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:52 pm

This squad had a tough season, will end up in 5th barring a complete collapse today, but the team is built to place much better. Lost out on the tiebreaker in the 1st round of the playoffs and was relegated down to the 5th place game. There are some interesting keeper options here, and I'm looking to get some ideas on my 10 keepers (mostly just the last two). 12 team, 10 keeper H2H league, standard cats with HLDs and OPS added. Here's the squad:

C Miguel Montero
1B Joey Votto
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Yunel Escobar
OF Ryan Braun
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Andrew McCutchen
UT Josh Willingham
BN Brett Lawrie
BN Todd Helton
DL Stephen Drew

SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Daniel Hudson
SP Madison Bumgarner
RP Craig Kimbrel
RP Chris Perez
P Javy Guerra
P Jonny Venters
BN Ubaldo Jimenez
BN Jordan Zimmermann
BN Cory Luebke
BN Guilermo Moscoso
DL Adam Wainwright

Prospects:
Domonic Brown
Trayvon Robinson
Jonathan Singleton
Jurickson Profar
Arodys Vizcaino

I keep 10, plus whatever rookies that are within our limits to keep for free...Votto, Kinsler, Zimmerman, Braun, CarGo, Cutch, Wainwright, Kershaw are no brainers. I can also keep Lawrie and Brown for free next year, as well as my other 4 prospects. Just need to figure out my last 2.

I'm down to 2 of Kimbrel, Bumgarner and Hudson. I can't trust Ubaldo anymore, not with my other available options, and the other options (Yunel, Drew, Montero, Zimmermann) are seemingly inferior. I'll be letting 2 solid SS go back into the draft next year, and have 2 1st round picks, so the chances of me grabbing one next year are pretty high. Kimbrel has had a the best fantasy year of those 3 this year, but I have a hard time keeping closers who are a couple bad outings away from losing the job (especially with a talent like Venters right there). Bumgarner has come on very strong and has posted a very strong fantasy season, as has Hudson. Both seem to be coming into their own, and make for great insurance if Wainwright doesn't return to his previous self.

I'm leaning towards keeping Bumgarner and Hudson as my last 2 keepers, then focusing on filling my C/SS and bullpen spots in the draft. Convince me why I should keep Kimbrel over one of the two, or convince me why my choices are way off and that I should go with another set of keepers :). And leave your link...I will get back to you on yours later tonight!!

Thanks!!
pre1322
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Some interesting young keeper P options...WHIR as always

Postby onitapgr » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:53 pm

I would keep

1B Joey Votto
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Ryan Zimmerman
OF Ryan Braun
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Andrew McCutchen
SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Madison Bumgarner
DL Adam Wainwright

Your last keeper for me is a tossup between Hudson and Zimmermann. You seem to like Hudson more, so I say go with him.
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Re: Some interesting young keeper P options...WHIR as always

Postby ATLbraves » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:07 pm

onitapgr wrote:I would keep

1B Joey Votto
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Ryan Zimmerman
OF Ryan Braun
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Andrew McCutchen
SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Madison Bumgarner
DL Adam Wainwright

Your last keeper for me is a tossup between Hudson and Zimmermann. You seem to like Hudson more, so I say go with him.

I like this list a lot, and would definitely keep Hudson over Zimmerman. It's tough not keeping Kimbrel, but I'm not really a big fan of keeping closers.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=436930

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions