Keepers: Pujols, Reyes and a bunch of questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keepers: Pujols, Reyes and a bunch of questions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keepers: Pujols, Reyes and a bunch of questions

Postby skuzzbukit » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:38 am

I'm new to the forum, but I hope I can contribute.

My first question is about a 4 player keeper league I'm in. Luckily I was able to sell high on a few assets early and build a pretty good roster for a 20 team league, but that does lead to problems with keepers. Obviously, Pujols and Reyes are absolutes, but it gets a little more complicated after that. Can Hanson stay healthy and can Cain get run support for Ws? Are Kendrick and Martinez more valuable than Price and Cain due to lack of depth at C and 2B? Is Victorino a good enough OF to keep? Do Hosmer and Stanton have enough upside to contribute enough next year? Keep a top notch closer like Valverde? Hope that Mike Adams is Texas' closer next year (I'm a huge Rangers fan and it seems likely that Nefi Feliz is moving to the rotation)?

20 Team H2H 4-Keeper
Cats: AVG, Runs, SB, RBI, HR, Wins, WHIP, ERA, Hld, SV, K

Victor Martinez, Albert Pujols, Howie Kendrick, David Freese, Jose Reyes, Shane Victorino,N Markakis, Carlos Beltran, Ian Desmond, Seth Smith, Eric Hosmer, Mike Stanton, Dexter Folwer

Koji Uehara, Jesse Crain, David Price, Matt Cain, Ted Lilly, Jose Valverde, Mike Adams Tommy Hanson
skuzzbukit
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keepers: Pujols, Reyes and a bunch of questions

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:50 am

Initially I would say go with Pujols / Reyes / Stanton and Hanson (if not Hanson, go with Cain - consistent as they get) if you would rather not keep an SP, go with Victorino

help me?
viewtopic.php?t=436871
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby onitapgr » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:12 pm

skuzzbukit wrote:I'm new to the forum, but I hope I can contribute.

My first question is about a 4 player keeper league I'm in. Luckily I was able to sell high on a few assets early and build a pretty good roster for a 20 team league, but that does lead to problems with keepers. Obviously, Pujols and Reyes are absolutes, but it gets a little more complicated after that. Can Hanson stay healthy and can Cain get run support for Ws? Are Kendrick and Martinez more valuable than Price and Cain due to lack of depth at C and 2B? Is Victorino a good enough OF to keep? Do Hosmer and Stanton have enough upside to contribute enough next year? Keep a top notch closer like Valverde? Hope that Mike Adams is Texas' closer next year (I'm a huge Rangers fan and it seems likely that Nefi Feliz is moving to the rotation)?

20 Team H2H 4-Keeper
Cats: AVG, Runs, SB, RBI, HR, Wins, WHIP, ERA, Hld, SV, K

Victor Martinez, Albert Pujols, Howie Kendrick, David Freese, Jose Reyes, Shane Victorino,N Markakis, Carlos Beltran, Ian Desmond, Seth Smith, Eric Hosmer, Mike Stanton, Dexter Folwer

Koji Uehara, Jesse Crain, David Price, Matt Cain, Ted Lilly, Jose Valverde, Mike Adams Tommy Hanson

I would keep Pujols, Reyes, Stanton, and either Victorino, VMart, or Price. I always lean towards the hitter.....I like Victorino over Vmart even with position scarcity

Hanson is too big a question mark...Kendrick is not worth keeping, you can get him much later.......I like Cain, but I like Price more, for what it's worth, I never chase wins...Both Hosmer and Stanton have huge upside, but you already have Pujols, so I chose Stanton.....Absolutely don't keep a closer with only 4 keepers
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Besides Pujols and Reyes, I'd keep Stanton and either Hosmer or Price. Leaning towards Hosmer because bats have simply become overwhelming more valuable.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mkultra » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Unless you've got a CI spot, Hosmer's tough to keep because he's taking up your U spot. Can you trade him in the off-season?

I'd also keep Cain over Hanson.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Stanton
Price barely over Cain or Hosmer
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:49 am

Pujols, Reyes, Hosmer, Stanton
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1928)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions