Unfair as LM? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Unfair as LM? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Unfair as LM? WHIR

Postby hockeykidb3 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:40 pm

So I am in a league, and earlier in the year my LM and I had an agreement that we would have two LM and we would review eachother's trades after he had some trades that heavily benefited his side and should have been vetoed, that way nobody has to review their own, and has a bias that there trade is fair bc they want it to go through, so after i vetoed a trade of his, he deleted me as he was the head LM, later he agreed to add me back after he admitted the trade was unfair, later he had a trade that i APPROVED, the kid in the trade who is not the LM (who doesn't like me for whatever reason) convinced him to delete me as LM, i argued with him to add me back, he would not but said this in a FB chat:

My LM
i dont get why ur making a big deal of u being LM

July 15Me
bc when i haven't been u have cheated

July 15 My LM
ok so u can see the trades i do
and if u think they r unfair then i can send them back

now he is saying he is close to a deal for granderson and tulowitzki, he hasn't told me exaclty what the deal is yet but he has told me that pretty much all of his best players aernt in it, i have confronted him about it and brought up what he said in this chat, he said he doesn't remember it and he has final say for his trades

A) Shouldn't i be able to have this power that he agreed too?

B) does this seem like the following could be collusion?

the team he is trying to trade with is in 5th place, 4 teams make the playoffs, this is the last matchup b4 the playoffs which ends tmrw, he is currently winning 9-4-2 in categories, he needs 11 wins to tie the 4th place team, and he would win the tiebreaker if he does

so this team needs to win right now to make the playoffs, my LM has been trying to reyes youk ricky weeks and hanley who all return next week, if he traded for these guys and gave up two of his best players wouldn't that seem like its collusion

I will be glad to help in return
hockeykidb3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Unfair as LM? WHIR

Postby Pooingonastick » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:25 pm

A)what he should do to be fair is just add you back as League manager and you each review eachother's trades to be fair

B) yes that would seem like collusion
Pooingonastick
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmck » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:06 am

This is a game we play that should be fun. Next year start your own league and ditch this jerk who runs the league you are now in. I don't like LM Veto for trades. I much prefer Owners voting on trades. This makes it fair for all.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby mkultra » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Dude, the league you're in sounds like the Worst League Ever. I think, given how you've presented previous trade issues here, that you're a little oversensitive to whether trades are "fair", but your commish seems completely off the rails.

The season's almost over. Just cut your losses and ditch the league next year.

migmck is exactly right- Fantasy baseball should be FUN. B-)
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby jonboycubs » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:15 am

I agree with all above. He should add you back as LM as that was the agreement, but the main thing is it is supposed to be fun as said before. I think you should start your own league and when it comes to trades just go to a voting system.

please help

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=436738
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Postby grammysboy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:43 am

I think there has to be some kind of "check" on a LM. If your league designated you should have LM power, he shouldn't have the power to take that away from you. I looks to me like your league needs to create an assistant LM position who reviews the LM's trades and has veto power. As the others have said, you may need to find a new league, but you MAY also be a little over sensative about trades made by the LM.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Commissioner's Corner