More on Prior...shoulder's stiff now, too - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

More on Prior...shoulder's stiff now, too

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:22 am

One cub down, three to go. Wood, Zambrano and Clement. ;-D

from a cards fan obviously.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bleach168 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:42 am

As an Astros fan, I'd much rather see a healthy Prior......

...get lit up everytime he faces us ;-D
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:22 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:This is getting more painful than watching Estes last year!!

Acid...no true Cubbie fan would say that.... :-o

What, b/c Estes wasn't THAT bad or b/c I should be 'more serious' re the gravity of the situation w/ Prior? Maybe I should have said more frustrating than watching Mick Keleher bat? ;-)

I will take it more seriously when we get some serious information. All I've heard so far is that 1) His ankle's bothering him 2) his shoulder's bothering him too 3) he woke up one AM and his back hurt [this doesn't in and of itself alarm me as my back hurts maybe 1/2 the time, depending on how I sleep] and 4) he's going to take maybe 3 or 4 weeks to get ready AFTER he's recovered.

Oh yeah, I forgot #5 that I saw yesterday...the SI curse!!!
%&^*!!!

The team line seems to be towards the end of May for Prior. IF he needs a month to work out AFTER he's better, that SHOULD mean that he's almost 'better' and these things are really 'minor' issues they're being careful of. That'd be OK, still time to win the division. My biggest concerns are that 1) the Cubs will not be NEARLY as competitive w/o him 2) Maddux is old and will not enjoy pitching in Wrigley if its in the 30s and raining 3) Prior's injuries are more serious than they are being made out to be or if he's 'rushed' back too soon and trashes himself. That'd be a disaster!!!

That's OK Cards fans, you've got the EA curse this year. I wonder what'll happen to Albert? Off year or injury? Like the honorable bleach, I'll hope for an off year!!!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:31 am

hmm, I wonder if it means that FBC is MORE secure than yahoo, since it logged me out but Yahoo didn't?

The previous (avoiding the obvious ghastly pun...) rant was mine.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers