Postby moosehockey20 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:57 am

youk, niemann, delman young/ kershaw?
moosehockey20
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dealing with Kershaw?

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:58 am

What are the details of the league? If you are the team trading Kershaw, who would you drop for the other players? Is this a keeper league or a non-keeper leaguer?

A keeper league has huge upside for Kershaw, so I would be hard pressed to trade him. If its non keeper and you are making a move before a playoff run, then I would consider it. The only way I would make the deal ina keeper league is if you think it gives you a legitimate chance to win the whole thing this year.

Youk is injured, so he may not provide much help. Niemann is awesome right now and can likely offset losing Kershaw for the year, but if its a keeper league I doubt Niemann will outperform Kershaw over the stretch of a full season. Young should do better with a better lineup surrounding him in Detroit and the rush he is getting from being in a pennant race.

So, like I said a non-keeper league I like the trade for the team getting Youk/Niemann/Young. In a keeper league, however, I would stick with Kershaw unless it gives you a near guarentee to win it all this year.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby moosehockey20 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 am

this is a non keeper league....and the team getting youk, young, niemann would drop dominic brown and jason bay
moosehockey20
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pooingonastick » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:03 pm

not again.... i wouldn't even consider giving up kershaw for this, delmon young is ranked 84th among outfielders which means he has pretty much no value, youk has had a down year and is on teh DL, and niemann isn't close to kershaw's level as his ERA is almost a full point higher, this trade has no chance of getting accepted
Pooingonastick
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hockeykidb3 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:13 pm

not to mention the team giving up kershaw has matt kemp, chris young, colby rasmus, jayson hewyard, autstin jackson, and jason bay, all who are ranked higher with Delmon Young, mark reynolds who is ranked higher than youkilis, and kershaw obviously being the teams top pitcher with jurjenns teh number 2 and pineda 3 who have both been struggling, we have 9 pitching slots in teh league, SP or RP can be played in those spots
hockeykidb3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pooingonastick » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:15 pm

hockeykidb3 wrote:not to mention the team giving up kershaw has matt kemp, chris young, colby rasmus, jayson hewyard, autstin jackson, and jason bay, all who are ranked higher with Delmon Young, mark reynolds who is ranked higher than youkilis, and kershaw obviously being the teams top pitcher with jurjenns teh number 2 and pineda 3 who have both been struggling, we have 9 pitching slots in teh league, SP or RP can be played in those spots

the only justification for this trade (not that i would ever do it anyway), is if it fit the teams specific needs...it clearly doesn't, yet another awful trade from moosehockey :-t
Pooingonastick
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions