8/21 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and stuff. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

8/21 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and stuff.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why aren't you posting to the daily threads

Poll ended at Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:20 am

'Cus I suck.
19%
'Cus you suck.
19%
Recent case of psoriasis on my fingers.
No votes
Not enough music.
5%
Too much music.
5%
Aubrey Huff is a false idol.
24%
The threads are boring, and need more stuff.
10%
The threads are boring, and need less stuff.
No votes
The death of Elijah Dukes has me bummed.
19%

Total votes : 21

Re: 8/21 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and stuff.

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:59 am

Wverves and I recommended some poor chap go with Estrada over Minor yesterday. %-6

Sometimes it is better to just :-X

;-)

Thought of the day: After semi-following the Reds and Nationals go at it the last 3 days, I predict WAS challenges PHI as early as next season for the top spot. Stras and Zimm will be a formidable 1-2 + with promising guys like Detwiler, Peacock and Milone mixed with a vet or two of Lannan, Hernandez or Wang the rest of the rotation could be solid. If Zimm can remain healthy for a change and Werth can rebound some, they'lll combine with Morse for a better than average middle of the lineup. Sprinkle in an improved Desmond + Espinosa and land a CF in the offseason and they're in business. Heck if we want to go out on a limb, let's say Harper goes up another notch in his development and then positively contributes in the second half of next season... ;-7
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:00 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:What happened to August 19th and 20th?

Usually I'm one of the people done with fantasy baseball season at this point but I did my first serious money league this year and I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to play a free league again. I love the daily threads. I don't always post in them but I come to the cafe everyday to read them. Before them I really had stopped coming here for the most part because there wasn't much discussion going on. I'm going to make an effort to post more in these threads down the stretch.

In first place by 7 points right now but it's really tight. Really need my pitchers to keep my ERA and WHIP down as much as possible. Throwing King Felix today and I suppose I have to keep Kuroda in there based on how great he's been.

Am I the only one blown away that BXB51 has been a member here for 6 years, has over 11,000 posts, and is playing in his first money league? :-S :-S
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 839)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby m16a » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:31 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
m16a wrote:Well, I'm quiet because I couldn't find a league to play fantasy this year. So, I don't have fantasy related woes to speak of, and I figured people would start getting tired of Phillies stuff, since that's what I pay the most attention to with football right around the corner.

The Eagles were too busy assembling their Dream Team to worry about silly things like stopping the run, eh? O:-)

:-C

I'm honestly dumbfounded how they went from looking excellent to looking like it was actually preseason in the course of a week or so, and against comparable teams. Whatever. At least the Phils are doing well and I'm drafting in plenty of leagues. Has your rotation always had this much trouble? I probably would start using you as my start/sit for pitchers if that was the case... :-b
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:40 pm

m16a wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
m16a wrote:Well, I'm quiet because I couldn't find a league to play fantasy this year. So, I don't have fantasy related woes to speak of, and I figured people would start getting tired of Phillies stuff, since that's what I pay the most attention to with football right around the corner.

The Eagles were too busy assembling their Dream Team to worry about silly things like stopping the run, eh? O:-)

:-C

I'm honestly dumbfounded how they went from looking excellent to looking like it was actually preseason in the course of a week or so, and against comparable teams. Whatever. At least the Phils are doing well and I'm drafting in plenty of leagues. Has your rotation always had this much trouble? I probably would start using you as my start/sit for pitchers if that was the case... :-b

This has been a strange anomaly of a season. It's been miss after miss after miss with pitching in my main league, while I have a Top 2 offense in the league. The good news is it looks like it's coming together at the right time... fingers crossed.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:49 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Usually I'm one of the people done with fantasy baseball season at this point but I did my first serious money league this year and I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to play a free league again. I love the daily threads. I don't always post in them but I come to the cafe everyday to read them. Before them I really had stopped coming here for the most part because there wasn't much discussion going on. I'm going to make an effort to post more in these threads down the stretch.

In first place by 7 points right now but it's really tight. Really need my pitchers to keep my ERA and WHIP down as much as possible. Throwing King Felix today and I suppose I have to keep Kuroda in there based on how great he's been.

Am I the only one blown away that BXB51 has been a member here for 6 years, has over 11,000 posts, and is playing in his first money league? :-S :-S

I used to throw in $10-20 in a league with my buddies but I never really branched out and played bigger, more competitive leagues. A friend of mine had a spot open up in his $100 keeper and asked if I wanted to join so I did. Took what was the 10th place team last year to 1st place this year. Hopefully I can hang on for that $600 prize. :-o

I've never been so into fantasy baseball or baseball in general for that matter. Usually I'm really hyped at the beginning of the year and that lasts until about June. And in July/August I fizzle out and pick it back up in September for the divisional races and such. This year I've been into it since day one. It's absolutely ruined free leagues for me. I'll never be able to play one again and take it seriously. It's like playing poker for play chips your whole life and then one day realizing you can play for cash.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 119)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:59 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I used to throw in $10-20 in a league with my buddies but I never really branched out and played bigger, more competitive leagues. A friend of mine had a spot open up in his $100 keeper and asked if I wanted to join so I did. Took what was the 10th place team last year to 1st place this year. Hopefully I can hang on for that $600 prize. :-o

I've never been so into fantasy baseball or baseball in general for that matter. Usually I'm really hyped at the beginning of the year and that lasts until about June. And in July/August I fizzle out and pick it back up in September for the divisional races and such. This year I've been into it since day one. It's absolutely ruined free leagues for me. I'll never be able to play one again and take it seriously. It's like playing poker for play chips your whole life and then one day realizing you can play for cash.

This is what gambling did to sports for me for awhile.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:25 pm

I will be away for two weeks. Can I have a volunteer to start my daily thread on Tuesdays while I'm away? :-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby DbacksRback » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Pence has a promo going on twitter. Guess the day he hits #15 and get a pair of signed batting gloves...I went with August 23rd vs. the Mets

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby bayside » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:43 pm

+1 for keeping the daily threads. best part of the forum imo.
besides i would go crazy if i didnt have a place to b**** about my crappy pitching.

speaking of which... why does Jaime Garcia suck now?
for the first 2 months (11 starts) of the season it looked like he had actually taken a step forward since his impressive rookie season.
his K's were way up, he had lowered the walk rate, and he was going deep into games. he had completed at least 7 innings on 5 occasions, and was pretty dominate.

since his June 3rd start he has pitched into the 8th inning just once. you cant even count on him to complete 6 innings to qualify for a quality start. it seems his pitch count just gets out of control way to early in games.

his K's have fallen off quite a bit, and the walks have piled up.
is he wearing down with the increased workload last season plus the innings hes already thrown this year? or is this just who he really is?
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 190)

Postby Padsin05 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:22 pm

quite annoyed at Yahoo, for having Lavarnway only available at UTIL? cmon, dude is Red Sox top catching prospect. I have been saving my waiver pick for a catcher all yr and this has me frustrated
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 35)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers