Dilemma.......... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dilemma..........

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dilemma..........

Postby Tagrocket » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:26 am

Play in a 13 team, non keep, 5x5 roto league, starting two catchers, and the usual lineup, except for 5 of's instead of three and an Mi and CI position.
SO, my dilemma is this, marred in 5th place in the league, and trying to make a push to the top obviously, and my deficient areas are, BA (last) not a big concern really, R's, SB's, and the big thing is SAVES. I have Farnsworth and Nunez as my save men and that's it, and my team is 9th in saves behind the next team by 19! My thoughts have been to try and trade both of these guys because I can't fall any farther back (next team has 3 total), but the problem is no one is biting on either of these closers? I can't for the life of me figure it out, but it is what it is.
So the question is, do I try and procure a couple more closers and try to move up a spot or two?, or keep on shopping them? Just boggles my mind that I can't get a base stealer for one of these closers? Looking to make a trade for a RUNS producer also and have put B.J. Upton on the block, but no bites yet. I do have a trade on the board the gets me C. Carpenter/A. Rios for my B. Colon/B. J. Upton, but not sure that type trade helps my needs.
Any help would be appreciated.

C Santana A C
J Arencibia C
J Smoak 1B
R Theriot 2B
A Ramirez 3B
J Hardy SS
G Beckham MI
E Hosmer CI
B Upton OF
C Maybin OF
M Morse OF
M Stanton OF
V Wells OF
D Ackley DH
B Colon SP
C Lewis SP
D Holland SP
J Garcia SP
J Vargas SP
J Verlander SP
K Farnsworth RP
M Garza SP
T Lincecum SP

RESERVES
P Alvarez 3B
J Lowrie SS
M Moreland 1B/OF
B Matusz SP
B Webb SP
C Carrasco SP
L Nunez RP
R Wolf SP
Tagrocket
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dilemma..........

Postby baegames » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:51 pm

I think you still try to trade them, but be aware you may not get much. The problem is that there are probably many teams locked into place with saves. Is there a contender who is in a pack of two or three teams with regards to saves? Target them.
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 209)

Re: Dilemma..........

Postby wrveres » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:14 am

Tagrocket wrote:Play in a 13 team, non keep, 5x5 roto league, starting two catchers, and the usual lineup, except for 5 of's instead of three and an Mi and CI position.
SO, my dilemma is this, marred in 5th place in the league, and trying to make a push to the top obviously, and my deficient areas are, BA (last) not a big concern really, R's, SB's, and the big thing is SAVES. I have Farnsworth and Nunez as my save men and that's it, and my team is 9th in saves behind the next team by 19! My thoughts have been to try and trade both of these guys because I can't fall any farther back (next team has 3 total), but the problem is no one is biting on either of these closers? I can't for the life of me figure it out, but it is what it is.
So the question is, do I try and procure a couple more closers and try to move up a spot or two?, or keep on shopping them? Just boggles my mind that I can't get a base stealer for one of these closers?

I wouldn't try moving up, no way you make up the gap in saves.
A lot of times, teams are reluctant to trade for "waiver wire closers". It's a mental barrier that can be hard to overcome when creating value. One trick i have done to create value here is to package them together to a team that can gain in saves, maybe even sandbag the 4th or 3rd place teams if possible. Just give the guys away for a player that can help you, even if its minimal. Even though you won't get fair value back, it is a 2 for 1 trade, you still open up a roster spot that you can use for a wire player that fits your needs.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions