What's Hanley worth in a keeper? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What's Hanley worth in a keeper? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What's Hanley worth in a keeper? WHIR

Postby dannahann » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:32 am

cstorms wrote:I can only keep three players and you sacrifice their draft spot for next years draft. At this point I am thinking about ditching Hanley and keeping players that I got good value on, like Granderson in round 10, and Freddie Freeman in round 18. So should I try and trade Hanley to someone who wants to keep him as their first round pick? Any help is appreciated, WHIR

I don't think you'll get fair trade value given these constraints. Unless an owner is extremely confident Hanley will rebound to a top 3-5 type player they'll not want to risk their first round keeper pick on him. With just 3 keepers and so many other players being kept as lower round value picks there will undoubtedly be other (safer) first round type talent available in your draft. I don't think finding an owner with too many value picks is the route to take. He probably won't want to compound this by adding a "Hanley to keep or not to keep" dilemma to his plate. You best bet is to find a guy with no high ceiling keepers that has some faith in Hanley and would be willing to to assume a high risk/high reward philosophy as his best shot to compete next year. I'd even say that's a smart stance to take in your case unless you see yourself as one of the strongest potential keeper teams going in. I realize you don't have faith in Hanley. But if you feel you need a big break to win next year, it could be smart to keep him, hope for a good start to 2012, and trade him for championship. Sell him high based on his 2007-2010 numbers and that hot start (if it happens ... again I wouldn't try this if I saw myself as a stronger team). If you have a fairly early draft position I'd say cut him if you can't trade him. Worst case being you could draft him in round one.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What's Hanley worth in a keeper? WHIR

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:07 am

I agree...You can get a top 15 player for him...recently in my league the guy with hanley traded him for Prince...i think it was worth it and would rather have the fat prince to hanley at this point.

help me?
viewtopic.php?t=436354
CubsFan4Life23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions