Please help-New 30-team Dynasty league for 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Please help-New 30-team Dynasty league for 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please help-New 30-team Dynasty league for 2012

Postby scotty.ballgame » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:49 pm

I would like to start up a Dynasty keeper league to begin in 2012. I have been in numerous leagues over the years and Commissioner for one 10+ years league currently, but I don't have experience in running one of these serious, detailed Dynasty leagues with all bells and whistles so I'm looking for suggestions. I do not want to join another league and takeover a team as I've done that a couple times and both leagues have fizzled out due to inactive owners and/or poor league administration.

I envision a complete 30-team league so each owner manages one of the Major League Baseball teams and their farm system. I can probably get an $89.99 deal for CBSSports.com Commissioner (as I think they'd be the best site to use for a 30-team league knowing Yahoo and ESPN can't do 30 team leagues) so I'm thinking $10 a team would easily cover the site fee and provide some $$ for winnings.

As I've seen in other Dynasty leagues, there should be complete management of your MLB team, with actual salaries/contracts, entire Minor league system, trades (with a possible trade review panel of 3-4 owners), Unrestricted and Restricted Free agency, and a salary cap that's tiered based on the caps of the actual MLB teams, and I'm sure a whole lot more!

I could use one of my other leagues' Rules/Consitutions as a starting point, but I know I'd definitely need a few other people willing to help me out to get something off the ground. Right now I'm just looking for suggestions and advice.

So, 1) let me know if you're interested in joining, and 2) let me know if you know how I should start this up and if you'd like to help. I do believe there's plenty of time as most of this initial work for 2012 would be done in the upcoming baseball offseason. Shoot me an email or a PM to let me know who you are, where you're from and what you'd like to do. I can be reached at scotty.ballgame@comcast.net.

Thanks!
Scott
scotty.ballgame
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please help-New 30-team Dynasty league for 2012

Postby KDOGG » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 pm

I sent you an email
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby scotty.ballgame » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks to those who have contacted me about joining the league. I've been contacted by about 5 people so that's a decent start. I will be contacting each of those owners personally. This is most likely something we'll be doing more work on in the coming Fall and offseason. If I definitely decide to move forward with it, which I do want to do, then the first step will be to get the Rules/Constitution together. Please keep looking for other owners that are interested.

Think of names too. I was considering NJAFDL (Not Just Another F'n Dynasty League) but of course that's up for negotiation.
Thanks,
Scott
scotty.ballgame
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby bklynkenny » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:21 am

Best of luck to you. I've been in leagues like these before and am currently running one (similar but different). Some friendly advice:

- Keep track of the rosters and salaries yourself (and with co-commissioners). Don't trust all 30 people to be able to update their rosters accurately. If somebody loses track of a player, it can potentially create a snowball effect unless you can backtrack through all the transactions that have been made in the league already.
- Keep the rules detailed. Don't leave anything up for interpretation.
- Don't wait too long to collect the fee, or otherwise you may never see it from the delinquents.
bklynkenny
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Classifieds