Bedard dropped...time for pitching adjustment? (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Bedard dropped...time for pitching adjustment? (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bedard dropped...time for pitching adjustment? (WHIR)

Postby nyr199435 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 pm

So Erik Bedard was dropped, which is odd considering he's now with the Red Sox. I have the 8th waiver claim of 8 teams, so burning one on him doesn't hurt me at all. I also dropped Bumgarner to get a spot start in last week, and if he clears waivers he'll be a FA tomorrow morning. My team is below...are there any changes you would make? Like dropping Cueto/Hellickson/Luebke for Bumgarner or Bedard? This is more for the rest of the season rather than just for this week.

Thanks, post a link and I'll respond.

One year, 8 teams, H2H points (DL players don't take up spots)
C: Joe Mauer
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Ian Kinsler
3B: Kevin Youkilis
SS: Derek Jeter
OF: Jose Bautista
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Mike Stanton
Util: Jay Bruce
Util: Freddie Freeman
Bench: Brett Lawrie
DL: Rickie Weeks

SP: Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, Clayton Kershaw, Ubaldo Jimenez, Jeremy Hellickson, Cory Luebke, Johnny Cueto
RP: Carlos Marmol, Mariano Rivera, Joakim Soria, Huston Street, Drew Storen
DL: Stephen Strasberg, Johan Santana
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bedard dropped...time for pitching adjustment? (WHIR)

Postby fantasysixpack » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:21 pm

might sound crazy but I'd actually drop Ubaldo for Bedard. Bedard's era and whip has been better than Jimenez's this season and he is the one pitcher on the FA list that can keep up strikeout wise. I didn't like the move for Jimenez to the AL and considering his ERA was already above 4 in the NL West I don't see it getting any better. Plus you'll most likely get more wins with Bedard since hes pitching for the Sox.
fantasysixpack
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Re: Bedard dropped...time for pitching adjustment? (WHIR)

Postby converge241 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:15 pm

fantasysixpack wrote:might sound crazy but I'd actually drop Ubaldo for Bedard. Bedard's era and whip has been better than Jimenez's this season and he is the one pitcher on the FA list that can keep up strikeout wise. I didn't like the move for Jimenez to the AL and considering his ERA was already above 4 in the NL West I don't see it getting any better. Plus you'll most likely get more wins with Bedard since hes pitching for the Sox.

Did you think youd be saying this a few months ago..wow..drop ubaldo for bedard

Bedard looked good last time, in a way though...he had no minor elague games but no walks and his stuff was getting into gear..im hoping he keeps progressing tonight
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions