LM looking for opinions pleae WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

LM looking for opinions pleae WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LM looking for opinions pleae WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:20 pm

I am LM in a 16 team high scoring h2h points 4 keeper, 30 man roster, league. I pass trades in the league dont use voting. I have a run at winning it this year but needed one final piece. And that was a great starting pitcher. I had all ready traded some of my picks away to non contending teams for upgrades. To get to the point. I had posey who obviosly got hurt, so I traded and got Mauer, but kept Posey. Posey was going to be my one untouchable, I value him as a top keeper catcher, moving foward. So finally my keepers were Sabathia, Posey, Miggy and Grandy. Then I thought well i can just keep Mauer but i was not going to just dump posey back into the draft next year.

So i just traded him last night for Halladay and a 17th round pick, and he got Posey and my 7th round pick.

I have heard grumblings from some teams saying it was too lopsided. and we should go to a voting system next year for trades. No one is pissed, just think it was lopsided, and me being the LM, and it was my team, its as if I passed it just cause it helped me. Which it does short term and help me win this year. He is definately a keeper, but posey is to and he is younger. plus he got a good pick in the 7th. With 5th round being first since 1-4 are for keepers. He wins some in the long term. If i though Posey was high value to me, which he was, maybe not other teams, but to me he was so I was going to get the best deal or not trade him at all. keeper for keeper imo

My keepers will not most likely be miggy, grandy, cc, and halladay

Scoring
http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=266827

MY ROSTER:
Mauer, Miggy, B.Phillips, Micheal Young, D.Barney, Furcal, M.Morse, Granderson, D.Young, Jon Jay, M. Byrd, Maybin, P.Bourjos, Jonathan Lucroy, Gardner, M.Ordonez

Pitchers
C.Lewis, Niese, Latos, Kuroda, I. Kennedy, Luebke, Halladay,Putz,BIG Z, Walden, Sabathia, Harang, Marcum, and Worley
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 522)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: LM looking for opinions pleae WHIR

Postby pjalst » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:42 pm

I would not have a problem with this trade. You gave up a good young keeper and a higher round pick. For an established Keeper SP and a lower round pick. Who ever has beef with this trade would propbably be someone who has something to loose(an owner that's close to you in the standings).

Why not go to a voting system next year? This trade would go through and the shut the haters up. :-X
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Re: LM looking for opinions pleae WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Yeah the are teams close to me, or teams i will see in the playoffs
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 522)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions