R. Zimmerman trade WHIR (also keeper questions) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

R. Zimmerman trade WHIR (also keeper questions)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

R. Zimmerman trade WHIR (also keeper questions)

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:33 am

So, standard 5x5 roto league. Keeper league. I am out of contention and was inquired about trading Ryan Zimmerman. I have no plans to keep him as he would cost me a first round draft pick, so may as well get something. So, who should I ask for?

I';ve narrowed it down to two and would like input about who I should target.

I am allowed seven keepers, fifteen contract years max.

My keepers going into 2012 are currently:

Freddy Freeman, thru 2014
Delmon Young, thru 2012
Jose Tabata, thru 2012
Kendry Morales, thru 2012
Jamie Garcia, thru 2012

I have Jeremy Hellickson and Adam Wainwright I am leaning towards keeping, but want to leave options, just in case.

I am considering dropping one or more of Tabata, Young, Morales to open up a possible keeper spot. Any thoughts on that?

Now, as for Zimmerman trade, I have narrowed it down to Goldschmidt or Daniel Murphy. Who is the better keeper potential?
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: R. Zimmerman trade WHIR (also keeper questions)

Postby MaudDib » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:41 am

I would have no problems dropping Young or Morales. Neither one is really worth keeping.

I don't like the first round pick for Zimmerman but I think he has more value than either Goldschmidt or Murphy. Goldschimdt has a lot of potential but he also has a lot of holes. I would want to see more from him before I traded this kind of player for him.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:04 pm

MaudDib wrote:I would have no problems dropping Young or Morales. Neither one is really worth keeping.

I don't like the first round pick for Zimmerman but I think he has more value than either Goldschmidt or Murphy. Goldschimdt has a lot of potential but he also has a lot of holes. I would want to see more from him before I traded this kind of player for him.

I am going to have either the first or second draft pick next year, unless I keep Zimmerman. Zimmer would cost me my first round pick. Players available in the first round next year include: Howard, Miggy, Kemp, Felix, AGon, Cano, Tulo, wright, Braun, Youk, Teixeria, Hamels, Halladay, Verlander, and others. So, as you can tell, I would be better served to drop Zimmerman and improve in the draft. So, may as well get something. I dont have to decide on ym keepers till spring training, but they have to be on my team by the end of the world series.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ATLbraves » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:38 pm

MaudDib wrote:I would have no problems dropping Young or Morales. Neither one is really worth keeping.

I agree with this. I think you should be able to get more for Zimmerman though, see if you can work a 1 for 2 trade and get a SP as well.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=436123

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby osbtensor » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Between Goldschmidt and Murphy I really like Goldschmidt.. he's been killing it at lower level ball.. I think his upside is much better. But I also think you could probably get a little better for Zimmerman.. unless they too are worried about keeper issues with him being a 1st round keeper.

If you can't find a better trade then I'd go Goldschmidt.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=436124
osbtensor
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bosny » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Zimm is playing very well and will help in playoffs. You need more for him. Good luck. Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=436131
Bosny
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby exm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:49 pm

To be honest, no one is really worth keeping that you listed. Zimm is. But he's not a first round pick. I would say second round perhaps. So who do you expect to be available first round and what's your draft order? I wouldn't be surprised if Zimm IS picked first round if you have a deep league. Something to think about.

Help? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=436118&p=3437574#p3437574
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 76)

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 am

exm wrote:To be honest, no one is really worth keeping that you listed. Zimm is. But he's not a first round pick. I would say second round perhaps. So who do you expect to be available first round and what's your draft order? I wouldn't be surprised if Zimm IS picked first round if you have a deep league. Something to think about.

Help? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=436118&p=3437574#p3437574

I posted the draft order and avaialbe FAs earlier, but ill repost. I am more then likely drafting second (snake style draft). I did a quick glance earlier, and players coming off of contracts and becoming free agents are: Howard, Miggy, Kemp, Felix, AGon, Cano, Tulo, wright, Braun, Youk, Teixeria, Hamels, Halladay, Verlander. There are likely others I missed and others that likely wont be kept.

Its a 12 team league, but this years FA is pretty deep. As opposed to last year when i drafted Zimmerman number three overall.

Update: I actually just pulled off a trade, so hopefully its a good one. I traded Zimmerman for Beckett. If I keep Beckett, he will cost me a 5th round pick, which doesn;t seem too bad. Thoughts.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:48 am

Bro don't throw Kendry Morales away. I'd drop Delmon Young quickly if you have another option.

Who can you keep in Young's place. Nice move dealing Zimm for Beckett I guess.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1943)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions