What to offer for Holliday? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What to offer for Holliday? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to offer for Holliday? WHIR

Postby Trooper » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 am

I'm trying to snag Holliday from another owner since my team doesn't drive in enough runs, but need help on what to offer. I offered Drew Stubbs straight up as a negotiations starter, and was rejected, so I'm thinking I'll add a piece on either side to make it a 2 for 2 or 2 for 3 or something like that (I'm also willing to deal Bruce since he has sucked royally since his hot May, but I think he has a chance for another hot streak like last year and he helps me in rbis, so I'd rather lose Stubbs if I had to pick). Can you guys help me come up with a good offer?

I play in a 10 team 5X5 H2H ESPN league, currently in 4th place (and it's tight, I'm 1 game out of second and a half game ahead of the 5th place guy/2.5 ahead of the 6th place guy; the first place guy is uncatchable at this point), he is 9.5 games out of the 4th and final playoff spot.

My roster: Hitters--C Saltalamacchia, 1B Pujols, 2B Kinsler, 3B Prado (will use him as a superutility bench guy when Arod comes back, probably), SS Y Escobar, 1B/3B Lind, 2B/SS M. Young, OF's Braun, N. Cruz, Bruce, Stubbs, Gardner UTIL Alex Gordon (only qualifies as OF in ESPN, not 3B too unfortunately)
Pitchers--P Kershaw, P Greinke, P Morrow, P Scherzer, P Ervin Santana, P Bartolo Colon, P Fister, P Marmol, P Nathan, P Walden, P Madson, P Parnell (we can start 9, no separate slots for RP and SP)

His roster: Hitters--C Olivo, 1B Teixeira (Who I'd love to have, but I figure Holliday is cheaper and has better avg anyhow), 2B Utley, 3B Justin Turner, SS Jeter, 2B/SS Jesus Guzman, 1B/3B Butler, OF's Holliday, Suzuki, Pagan, Pierre, Maybin (plus Cargo just came off the DL for him so he will be dropping a player to activate him), UTIL Dan Uggla, Bench Neil Walker (I guess he likes Guzman better right now, apparently)
Pitchers--P's Carpenter, Cain, J Chacin, A Bailey, S Santos, J Garcia, Ogando, Hanrahan, Gee, W Rodriguez, T Hudson

Thanks!
Trooper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to offer for Holliday? WHIR

Postby Trooper » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 am

Also I'm trying to decide whether I should just wait for ARod to come back in a couple weeks and slot him in where prado is now, or attempt to trade him for something before the trading deadline this Friday...after all he will be back soon so I guess I could get good value. Opinions? Jw
Trooper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Trooper » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Bumpity bump
Trooper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BUCCOFAN » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 pm

How about doing a Bruce for Holliday swap? And see how it rolls from here on out.

PLEASE HELP ME:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=436132
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 279)

Postby sigriffey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 pm

I'd try Bruce and Gordon for Holliday and a serviceable second player so u can plug in a rod soon and bump this player to your bench.

Help me?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=436127
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:59 am

his holliday and uggla
your stubbs gordon and lind.
Lind has been shaky for awhile kinda slowed production.

Here's what this would do:

You'd play Uggla at MI, move Mike Young to CI and seriously upgrade your OF to Holliday.
You can grab whatever off the ww to act as your bench OF. Plus you have Prado who slots nicely backup at several positions for you.

To bad he doesn't have an extra catcher. Yall both could use an upgrade there and one more quality starter...
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1879)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions