What does IMO mean? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What does IMO mean?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby M_Zimm » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:07 am

and JMHO=Just my humble opinion

or if you think you are high and mighty it can always mean just me holy opinion. ;-D
Image
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Posts: 405
Joined: 4 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vouching for a new stadium for the Twinkies

Postby Joe Mauer » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:24 pm

whoa......never knew a IMO post would get 10 replys and spark such anger.

Sad.....my posts usually get hardly any response, and usually it is not very helpful (but thanks to those that have responded!!!!!!)

I guess I should begin subscribing to the need not, want not philosophy. Or maybe no one has the right context to help me out. Or maybe I get lost in the shuffle.....or maybe......whatever :,-(

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 685
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby la dodgers » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:07 pm

Anonymous wrote:figures that someone quoting slim shady would have a bad sense of humor. try listening to some good hip-hop...

There istn any good hip hop what ever happened to the rock and not this emo c**p reall rock AC/DC Guns N' Roses Zeplin the real stuff come one get some music edicate
go dodgers
la dodgers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 754
Joined: 6 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on the mound or in the box

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:28 pm

I really always thought that the H in IMHO stood for honest.

I gotta start using IMMFO.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:32 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I really always thought that the H in IMHO stood for honest.

I gotta start using IMMFO.


IMHMFO ... Nice socks... :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 732)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:37 pm

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I really always thought that the H in IMHO stood for honest.

I gotta start using IMMFO.


IMHMFO ... Nice socks... :-)


Thank you, kind sir. ;-)
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:40 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I really always thought that the H in IMHO stood for honest.

I gotta start using IMMFO.


IMHMFO ... Nice socks... :-)


Thank you, kind sir. ;-)


You two are nuts. But I agree, WR. :-b
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:51 pm

In my opinion, "IMO" and its variances has been used way to much at this site. The regression to such abbreviations as this are only adding to the hastening pace and short attention span of the readers of this forum. If everyone just took the time to write the phrase out, then maybe they would take the time to write comprehensive, intelligent posts that many of us so need to make our decisions, instead of one word responses that simply copy the previous poster's position. So, all the ppl on this forum should just take their time and have some fun, lol.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3745
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: doing my laundry...

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:56 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:In my opinion, "IMO" and its variances has been used way to much at this site. The regression to such abbreviations as this are only adding to the hastening pace and short attention span of the readers of this forum. If everyone just took the time to write the phrase out, then maybe they would take the time to write comprehensive, intelligent posts that many of us so need to make our decisions, instead of one word responses that simply copy the previous poster's position. So, all the ppl on this forum should just take their time and have some fun, lol.


I am having fun and typing IMO instead of in my opinion allows me more time to see and read more posts. More posts allows me to learn more and also respond more. I also like stressing that it is just my opinion.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Bloody Nipples » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:32 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:In my opinion, "IMO" and its variances has been used way to much at this site. The regression to such abbreviations as this are only adding to the hastening pace and short attention span of the readers of this forum. If everyone just took the time to write the phrase out, then maybe they would take the time to write comprehensive, intelligent posts that many of us so need to make our decisions, instead of one word responses that simply copy the previous poster's position. So, all the ppl on this forum should just take their time and have some fun, lol.


I am having fun and typing IMO instead of in my opinion allows me more time to see and read more posts. More posts allows me to learn more and also respond more. I also like stressing that it is just my opinion.


I really should have used about 10 of these at the end of my post: ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 . Didnt you catch the ppl and lol at the end?
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3745
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: doing my laundry...

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)

Sunday, Aug. 31

Cleveland at Cody
(8:07 pm)
indoors

Monday, Sep. 22

Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact