Two Closer spots, five closers... Who do I go with? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Two Closer spots, five closers... Who do I go with?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Two Closer spots, five closers... Who do I go with?

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:04 am

Normally I start all five closers, but I am winning in Saves for the week, so now I need to decide who to go with today (Friday). I am streaming starters, so Sat/Sun may be more flexible, but I assume I go with the same two.

1. Joel Hanrahan-- Pirates can't seem to get him a save opportunity in forever. That being said, they are playing the lowly Padres and Karstens seems to be the pitcher to get them out of their funk.

2. Drew Storen-- Nats are in a funk and he hasn't looked very sharp lately. Zimmerman has been struggling some and I am concerned that won't change in Coors.

3. Joe Nathan-- Seems to be doing well, but the Twins, while playing better as of late, have been streaky. Buehrle will likely be a tough opposing pitcher to ger him a Save opportunity though.

4. Jason Isringhausen-- Has done well, but I don't like the pitching matchup of Dickey vs. Hudson.

5. Javvy Guerra-- Has looked good when he is on the mound for a save opportunity. Unfortunately, with the Dodgers run support, he doesn't get as many save opportunities as one would like. That, couple with Billingsley's inconsistent play are troubling.

So, which two should I go with for Friday? My gut is telling me to go with Hanrahan and Nathan. Thoughts?
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench