Drop Hellickson or Liriano to Stash Strasburg? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Hellickson or Liriano to Stash Strasburg? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Hellickson or Liriano to Stash Strasburg? WHIR

Postby jruffus1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:48 pm

In my 12-team H2H non-keeper league - I am now only concerned with preparing for the playoffs. Being 27 points ahead of the manager in 2nd place, there is basically no way for me to miss out of 1st. So, I've heard that Strasburg will begin a rehab assignment next week and should eventually fill in for Jordan Zimmermann. With this said, I am wondering if I should punt one of my lower-tier starters for him , the only two that I'd consider cutting loose are Liriano, Hellickson, or Vogelsong.

Liriano - Had an awful start, but has threw the ball much better since then (except for a couple instances).

Vogelsong - Has an awesome ERA and is still pitching good, but only GOOD - As his strikeout rate has diminished immensely.

Hellickson - Has had a good year, but will most likely be either shut down or have his innings limited towards the end of the season.

Do you think I should drop any of these guys for Strasburg to prepare for the playoffs? Once Oswalt comes off the DL, I could just swap his DL spot with Strasburgs.

My Pitchers:

Verlander
Kershaw
Hellickson
Liriano
Cueto
Vogelsong
Oswalt (DL)
Santana (DL)

RPs:
Marmol
Nathan
Putz
Bailey
Storen
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop Hellickson or Liriano to Stash Strasburg? WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:16 am

Only guy I would think about is Vogelsong. Hellickson and Liriano have too much value to drop for a maybe SP.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions