My team vs. FA's (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My team vs. FA's (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My team vs. FA's (WHIR)

Postby nyr199435 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:44 pm

Because I'm in an 8-team league there are a lot of good FA's on the market. I recently made a couple of moves without really seeking advice, and I'm not sure if they were the right ones. So I think the easiest way to do this is: based on my team, would you change anyone out for the following FA's? With Weeks out I still have Kinsler, but I have no backup 2B's or SS's. Thanks, and here goes:

My team:
One year, 8 teams, H2H points
C: Joe Mauer
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Ian Kinsler
3B: Kevin Youkilis
SS: Derek Jeter
OF: Jose Bautista
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Mike Stanton
Util: Jay Bruce
Util: Freddie Freeman
Bench: Chris Young
DL: Rickie Weeks

SP: Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, Clayton Kershaw, Ubaldo Jimenez, Jeremy Hellickson, Madison Bumgarner
RP: Carlos Marmol, Mariano Rivera, Joakim Soria, Huston Street, Drew Storen, Mike Adams
DL: Stephen Strasberg, Johan Santana

(names I'm really considering bolded)

Batters
Adam Dunn
Ichiro Suzuki
Billy Butler
Alexei Ramirez
Martin Prado
Mark Reynolds
Melky Cabrera
Brennan Boesch
Matt Joyce
Brett Gardner
Starlin Castro (people keep telling me to drop Jeter for him, but I'm not doing that now that Jeter's finally heating up)
Howie Kendrick
Daniel Murphy
Danny Espinosa
Cameron Maybin
Matt Wieters
Mike Napoli
Eric Thames
Eric Hosmer
Dustin Ackley

Pitchers
Neftali Feliz (on waivers, can't move until 31st)
Kyle Farnsworth
Francisco Liriano
Matt Garza
Colby Lewis
Fernando Salas
Ryan Dempster
Philip Humber
Bud Norris
John Danks
Jonny Venters
Josh Collmenter
Cory Luebke (on waivers, can't move until 31st)
Alex Cobb
Jeff Niemann
Edwin Jackson
Javy Guerra
Ervin Santana

The main moves I'm considering are:
-Dropping Chris Young for Martin Prado (could use backups at the positions he plays) or Starlin Castro
-Dropping Street/Adams for Feliz if Feliz clears waivers (not sure I want to do this, his K's are WAY down but he's still getting saves)
-Dropping Street/Adams for Luebke if Luebke clears waivers (had two bad outings, but his numbers are hard to ignore, but he could fizzle out like most converted relievers. Real deal or not with this kid?)

I grabbed Mike Adams in case Bell gets traded (Adams is nasty), so hopefully if Bell gets dealt it's before Sunday morning so I can decide what to do from there, because that's when Luebke and Feliz pass through waivers (if they do). If either are claimed it makes my decision a lot easier. Anyway, God bless you if you read this whole thing, and I'll be happy to help in return. I appreciate the advice fellas. Thanks!
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My team vs. FA's (WHIR)

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:02 pm

I really dont see any obvious move you can make other then dropping Jeter for Castro or dropping Adams for Neftali. I guess just wait till Sunday and if Bell doesnt get moved (which I think he will) then drop Adams for him.

You do have a lot of closers though, so I would prob drop the one that is producing the least for Prado.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=435758

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nyr199435 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 pm

ATLbraves wrote:I really dont see any obvious move you can make other then dropping Jeter for Castro or dropping Adams for Neftali. I guess just wait till Sunday and if Bell doesnt get moved (which I think he will) then drop Adams for him.

You do have a lot of closers though, so I would prob drop the one that is producing the least for Prado.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=435758

So maybe drop Street (who's done nothing for me in the past month, and the Rockies are terrible) for Luebke (who I like), and then see what happens with the whole Bell thing? And then perhaps if Bell doesn't get moved, drop Adams for Feliz or maybe Prado?
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 pm

I would honestly drop Marmol for Luebke or Garza. Then if Bell doesnt get moved drop Adams for Prado.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nyr199435 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:40 pm

ATLbraves wrote:I would honestly drop Marmol for Luebke or Garza. Then if Bell doesnt get moved drop Adams for Prado.

Well it sounds stupid, but I really don't want to drop Marmol because I traded for him. Letting him go for nothing would just sting, but I guess I'm not going to win with that kind of attitude.
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mpieco » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Your three most expendable pitchers are: Marmol, Hellickson, and Adams (if Bells gets traded, then Street becomes your third most expendable pitcher).

Your three most expendable hitters are: Chris Young, Derek Jeter, no one. I can't even pick a name to put there for your third most expendable hitter.

The top 3 hitters I'd love to see on your team in order are:
1. Martin Prado (far and away)
2. Starlin Castro
3. Ichiro Suzuki (the name still means something for me...stepping it up recently too)

The top 3 pitchers I'd love to see on your team in order are:
1. Colby Lewis
2. John Danks
3. Neftali Feliz (a closer, which is not something you need, but he's better than half the RP you currently have rostered).

I definitely would drop Young for Prado, first and foremost. I would also drop Hellickson for either Lewis or Danks, I might even lean towards Danks at this point, who is white-hot. I'd also drop one of your closers for either Castro (to rotate based on matchups with Jeter) or the other one of the SP that you didn't add for Hellickson.

Those are my thoughts, but ultimately it's up to you.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:33 pm

I would definitely pick up Danks over Lewis, he is a more proven pitcher. I would drop Hellickson for Danks, and a closer for Prado. I would still hang on tight to Chris Young b/c he is a 5-cat guy and could put up big numbers with the D'backs down the stretch since he is batting clean up. I would also drop Jeter for Castro but I understand if you want to hang on to him, he is apart of the Yankees lineup.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions