CarGo and Heyward for Ellsbury WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

CarGo and Heyward for Ellsbury WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CarGo and Heyward for Ellsbury WHIR

Postby lbblue » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 am

12 team mixed roto league 6 x 6 keeper league (5 keepers per team which constitute the first 5 rounds of the draft)

I have Ellsbury and other teams in the league are coming after him hard with trade offers. I won’t finish above 5th this year so I’m only concerned with setting up my team with the best possible keeper situation for next year (so CarGo's injury is irrelevant).

Someone has offered me CarGo and J. Heyward for Ellsbury. This league starts 3 OF: LF, CF, RF. This year CarGo is LF/CF/RF eligible but hasn’t played any RF this year so he won’t be eligible there next year. Heyward, of course, is a RF.

My other for sure keepers are Tulo at SS, Kinsler at 2B, and Greinke at SP.

Is it worth it to move my CF Ellsbury for these two? Seems like it may be but it depends on how you project these guys going forward. CarGo was having a really nice season before getting hurt. Heyward has struggled pretty badly. Is the upside of these two enough to move Ellsbury?

If I don't do the deal there is a decent chance Heyward is in the draft next year so it's possible I could keep Ellsbury, who I favor over CarGo straight up, and nab Heyward in the draft.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CarGo and Heyward for Ellsbury WHIR

Postby TheJordanRulz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:44 am

It would be nice to get more for Ells since he is a top producer now and you're in tank mode. Can we see the other guy's roster? Maybe if you could get an upgrade on Greinke as your low end keeper? I'm not super thrilled about Hayward or Greinke as your 4th and 5th keepers.

I just completed a trade in a non-keeper 6x6 roto league to get Ells, feel free to comment on the trade or who you think I should pick up when it processes: viewtopic.php?t=435734
TheJordanRulz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby lbblue » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:05 pm

TheJordanRulz wrote:It would be nice to get more for Ells since he is a top producer now and you're in tank mode. Can we see the other guy's roster? Maybe if you could get an upgrade on Greinke as your low end keeper? I'm not super thrilled about Hayward or Greinke as your 4th and 5th keepers.

I just completed a trade in a non-keeper 6x6 roto league to get Ells, feel free to comment on the trade or who you think I should pick up when it processes: viewtopic.php?t=435734

I could post the other guy's roster but I can tell you that he's not going to offer me any more than that for Ellsbury. He's currently in contention for the money and CarGo is on the DL and not currently helping him. Heyward has been bad and isn't currently helping him. That's why he wants Ellsbury because he can give him the boost he needs down the stretch to stay in the race and maybe win it. He's offering a lot of keeper value based off what we've seen from CarGo over the last 1.5 years and the potential that Heyward has (he's still only 21 years old).

If I don't do the deal I'm looking at these keepers: Ellsbury (CF), Tulo (SS), Kinsler (2B), Greinke (SP), and possibly Strasburg (SP). I realize Strasburg will have an innings limit in 2012 and will not be a top 60 overall player going into next season, but we can keep players for as many years as we want in this league and I love the idea of Greinke and Strasburg as my keepers going forward.

If I do the deal I'm looking at Tulo (SS), CarGo (LF/CF), Kinsler (2B), Heyward (RF), and Greinke (SP).

Tough call.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheJordanRulz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:13 pm

I would expect that Strasburg and Hayward will be looked at and drafted similarly next year in, say, a brand new keeper league with your format. I don't see any overwhelming reason for you to do this deal.

If I was looking to give up on this year and prepare for next year and beyond and another GM was looking for the tools he needed to win the league and was only giving up players who weren't helping him now, I would want his offer to knock my socks off long term and this doesn't do it. Maybe one of the other guys looking to win the league can give you more long term value?
TheJordanRulz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions