Commish changing rules midway, help!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commish changing rules midway, help!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Commish changing rules midway, help!!!

Postby ABA316 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Midseason, no way. Have to be a unanimous vote.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ddell » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah, im really having a hard time with this. He keeps saying its good for everybody. Part of me just wants to quit now but I know 2 other guys in the league and I dont want to screw it up for them. Who knows, come monday I'll show him this thread one last time and maybe he will realize that its not right. Probably just wishful thinking at this point.
Ddell
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pjalst » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Ddell wrote:Yeah, im really having a hard time with this. He keeps saying its good for everybody. Part of me just wants to quit now but I know 2 other guys in the league and I dont want to screw it up for them. Who knows, come monday I'll show him this thread one last time and maybe he will realize that its not right. Probably just wishful thinking at this point.

Quiting mid season is not cool either. Like Bigmck said, It's not really a big deal in a 10 team league. Just express your feeling to the Commish and tell him you didn't like the move and that you hope there are no more Mid-season rules changes in the future. Come back next year and kick his @ss.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Postby fast dogs » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:41 pm

For any plyers we keep this year, next year we have to give up our pick from one round previous. For instance, I got matt holiday in the second this year so to keep him, I would lose a first next year. In this format 1st rounders cannot be kept. Also any free agent pickups that were not drafted, result only in the loss of your last round if you decide to keep them. That is why alex gordon is a good keeper.
I'd certainly examine all the recent trades very closely and see if 1 of the insiders gained an advantage in the keepers next year...
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 299)

Postby drmcmanus » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Nothing can be changed after the draft except if a vote is taken where no one disputes the change. The only way to roll!
drmcmanus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Court Jester » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:58 pm

The person who said this is 100% correct.

"Rule #1: YOU DO NOT CHANGE LEAGUE RULES MIDSEASON.
Rule #2: See Rule #1."

And league rule changes should have at least a full one year buffer where the full year starts counting AFTER this season.

And while one should never quit mid-season (two wrongs do not make a right), there is not a chance I would be hanging around next year. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice........well, then you deserve what you get.

Waz
Court Jester
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Slapweasel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:24 pm

I've been a Commissioner for over ten years in both baseball and football. If I changed the rules in the middle of the season, I would not be a Commissioner any longer. I don't care what I think "the-good-of-the-league" -is. Rules go into effect the following season[i], period.

Rules are to be [i]clarified
, not changed during a season.
-The Self-Proclaimed Voice Of Truth And Reason-
-Your Friendly Neighborhood Slapweasel-
...I'm Your Huckleberry.
Slapweasel
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner