07/28, Cheering, Venting, No Hitters And A.Anthropologist - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

07/28, Cheering, Venting, No Hitters And A.Anthropologist

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Today Alex Anthopoulos proved that...........

Poll ended at Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:14 am

He is one of the best GMs in baseball
41%
Lee Harvey Oswald didn't act alone
12%
C.Rasmus is totally under-rated
No votes
B is the second letter of the alphabet
No votes
You shouldn't sell low, ever
18%
Elvis is still alive, and is living under the alias "Elijah Dukes"
29%

Total votes : 17

Re: 07/28, Cheering, Venting, No Hitters And A.Anthropologis

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Rasmus batting second.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:54 pm

At the phillies game right now and timmy is not afraid to throw off speed with a 3ball count. Been doing it all game.

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby kab21 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:10 pm

JJ Hardy just keeps hitting. 2 more HR's.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Postby bayside » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 pm

I love how the Giants went into Philly and slapped em around in their own park.
I'm sure now all the locals willpaint it as a meaningless series in July when just a few days ago everyone was talking about what a huge series it was and the Phils were out for revenge. only sf pitchers they have a chance against are Zito and Sanchez but only one of them would pitch in a playoff series, and only 1 game at most
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:43 pm

bayside wrote:I love how the Giants went into Philly and slapped em around in their own park.
I'm sure now all the locals willpaint it as a meaningless series in July when just a few days ago everyone was talking about what a huge series it was and the Phils were out for revenge. only sf pitchers they have a chance against are Zito and Sanchez but only one of them would pitch in a playoff series, and only 1 game at most

neither of them would pitch in a playoff series, you don't need more than 4 starters and assuming vogelsong doesn't implode he's the best option for a 4th starter.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby DbacksRback » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:29 am

bayside wrote:I love how the Giants went into Philly and slapped em around in their own park.

I was at the game tonight and it was a joke hearing Giants fans yelling just like last year baby!!! No. You're not going to face Kyle Kendrick up vs Lincecum in any playoff game. Affeldt was warming up and I heard one of the giants fans that met in a pack over the bullpen ask who Affeldt was and another fan responded "Our backup closer baby!". I just shook my head and moved a few feet over.
Good game though and congrats to the Giants they outplayed(pitched) the Phills. Here's a pic i shot of wilson warming up while hearing: "My grandpa dyes his beard too you tool" " "You're not as cool as you think you are...your beard sucks" "Wheres that stupid ass ESPYS costume ya bum" and "Button your shirt #@%$"

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby ABA316 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:53 am

Good thing I dropped Wade Davis in the 2 leagues I had him in :-D
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bayside » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:

neither of them would pitch in a playoff series, you don't need more than 4 starters and assuming vogelsong doesn't implode he's the best option for a 4th starter.

youre right, i totally forgot about vog.

really curious what they decide to do with Sanchez/Zito for the rest of the season.
Theyve put off the decision for over a month now but they cant possibly drag out this "injury" much longer.

Lets say next month Zito gets thrown on waivers... if the Yankees somehow dont make a deal for a starter in the next few days, would they claim him? Or do even the Yankees have a price that they deem too expensive?
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bayside » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:27 am

Wow Mitch Williams really is an idiot.

Just now on MLB network they showed the sliding catch Beltran made tonight on a popup to right field.

Williams:
"and THAT is why the Giants acquired Beltran, right there! because he can play on BOTH sides of the ball.
Nate Schierholtz does NOT get to that ball. Thats what Beltran brings, one of the best defenders in the game. WIth Schierhotlts out there thats a hit"

wat

couldnt be because the Giants have the worst offense of any playoff hopeful team and desperately needed a bat?
or what about all that talk about Beltran not wanting to go to the AL because he'd likely be DH'ing a good amount... hmm why is that?

also for anyone whos watched any amount of SF's games, Nate is pretty clearly one of the better right fielders in the game and was only moved over to left because Beltran is obviously more comfortable in right. it was a nice catch to be sure, but Nate prob catches that ball standing up
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers