Trying to Trade for Scherzer/Garcia WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trying to Trade for Scherzer/Garcia WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trying to Trade for Scherzer/Garcia WHIR

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:36 am

6x6 dynasty league, 14 teams. ops and holds are extra category.

I am in fourth place, but after recent trades adding Sandoval, Ortiz, Castro, Jurrjens, and Prince I consider myself the second best team in the league with only one real opponent. Conveniently, I am playing him right now to give me what I think will be a preview of the championship. Currently tied 6-6 and it looks like I could use to beef up my pitching specifically for a championship run.

I want to do this by trading a couple of young pitchers for one solid pitcher. Is that a good idea?

The guy I am talking to has Scherzer/Jamie Garcia and Roy Halladay. We tried to come to terms for Halladay, but he wanted too much, so I will focus on Sherzer and Garcia.

He has varied interest in: Carlos Carrasco, Vance Worley, Andrew Miller, Madison Bumgarner, Carlos Lee, Brett Gardner and Andre Ethier. I prefer to hang on to Gardner and Ethier.

Would me offering Carrasco, Worley and Miller be too much or too little for Scherzer and Garcia? Any ideas on packages I could offer?

Here is my team:

c- victor martinez
1b- prince fielder
2b- brandon phillips
3b- pablo sandoval
ss- starlin castro
if- david wright
lf- brett gardner
cf- matt kemp
rf- andre ethier
of- carlos lee
u- bj upton
u- david ortiz
bn- yonder alonso

sp- kershaw, jurrjens, bumgarner, wandy, worley, miller, carrasco, pavano.
streamers- carlos villanueva, chris capuano, brad hand
rp- storen, hanrahan, guerra, nathan, isringhausen, veras.
streamers-
rp-
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trying to Trade for Scherzer/Garcia WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:01 pm

That doesn't look like enough for me. The three guys you are offering were all WW pickups and while they have been good SP they aren't the caliber pitcher either of those guys are. Honestly I am not sure I would take all three of those for either Garcia or Scherzer. Of course each owner is different so he might ok with that deal but I think you are going to have to have Bumgarner and one of the OF along with 2 of those SP to have a chance. It might be a lot to give up but I think your team will be better for it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Re: Trying to Trade for Scherzer/Garcia WHIR

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:42 pm

MaudDib wrote:That doesn't look like enough for me. The three guys you are offering were all WW pickups and while they have been good SP they aren't the caliber pitcher either of those guys are. Honestly I am not sure I would take all three of those for either Garcia or Scherzer. Of course each owner is different so he might ok with that deal but I think you are going to have to have Bumgarner and one of the OF along with 2 of those SP to have a chance. It might be a lot to give up but I think your team will be better for it.

Hmmm, thanks for the advice. WHich do you think it would be better for me to give up? Ethier or Gardner? Gardner gives SB, but in looking at the team I anticipate playing in the championship, I may not win SB anyways and HR/RBI/R would serve me better.

Maybe I will offer him Gardner/Bumgarner/Miller/Carrasco for Scherzer and Garcia?

Well, I believe in negotiating, so first I will offer Gardner/Miller/Carrasco and if that isn't enough I can toss in Bumgarner.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions