Keeper League trade(Strasburg, Halladay, etc....) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper League trade(Strasburg, Halladay, etc....)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League trade(Strasburg, Halladay, etc....)

Postby dubstar » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:07 pm

I am leading my division and trying to make a move to give me the best chance of winning this year. There is a team that is out of it that I am trying to work a deal with.

The way our keepers work is that we can keep them forever, and they move up 1 round each year. I have some pretty good value on some young players, Strasburg being one of them.

I am trying to move Crawford/Strasburg for Halladay/Cain. I had every intention of keeping Strasburg next season, but I feel like I need some SP help this year to compete well against the other teams making the playoffs.

My probable keepers with round kept would be: A Gonzalez(1), Holliday(2), Kemp(3), Strasburg(17), Santana(18), Hanson(19). Crawford woould be round 2, Halladay would be round 3.

my team:

10 Team h2H keeper:
OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB, XBH
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS

C Santana
1B Gonzalez
2B Johnson
3B Peralta
SS Andrus
OF Kemp, Cruz, Holliday
UTIL Crawford
BN Bourn, Cuddyer

SP Hanson, Wilson, Scherzer, Chacin, Lewis, Billingsley, Carrasco
RP Valverde, Perez, Nunez
DL Strasburg, Buchholz

So I need to decide if I should make the tradeto try to win this year. Is it a fair trade?
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper League trade(Strasburg, Halladay, etc....)

Postby dubstar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:48 pm

bump, anyone?
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 pm

With your league double counting good SP (W and QS), I'd say that Halladay and Cain have extra value and that a good rotation is key. That said, you are giving up a lot but I think it's the right move. What's that saying about championships? I can't remember it, but it's something to the effect of 'rings are forever' - you never know what will happen in a few years, and if you've got a shot to win now, you take it.

Anyway, this move is coming from the right place. Halladay is a great keeper even for a 2nd round pick. You don't say which round you'd give up for Cain, but it's probably reasonable. Gutsy move, but I say go for it.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby dubstar » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:24 am

Cain would be a round 5, but only keeping 6 I doubt he would be kept. Thanks for the reply.

Do you think that the rest of the league will see this as a fair deal? Not that I am getting the best of it?
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions