LM DL Moves McCann/Putz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

LM DL Moves McCann/Putz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: LM DL Moves McCann/Putz

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 am

Doesn't. Matter.

On to your next "Vetoable" question, please?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigmck » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:40 pm

The whole point as WaCoug said is not if he might get a save, but if what you want done is within the rules. If this is not a common practice in your league, it is not a fair to ask the LM to do it. This is not the first time ESPN has delayed putting someone on the DL. That is what you have to live with if it is your rules.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mkultra » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 am

The answer to your actual question- whether the MLB rules or site rules take precedence- is, "it depends". Ideally, your league constitution spells out what takes precedence when there's uncertainty like this. In my more casual league where everyone knows each other and we set lineups weekly, our commish will manually intervene in cases like this; he's up front about it, and everyone knows what's going on. In my dynasty league with daily lineups, the constitutions says that site functionality supersedes everything unless it says otherwise.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby hockeykidb3 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:06 pm

I just feel like of ESPN doesn't give you the option to hav DL moves lock at individual game times instead of the first game of the day, that you should be able to decide within your own league how you want to go about it, in my league we do roster changes at individual gametimes
hockeykidb3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby converge241 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:39 am

Many times different host sites can vary when a player goes on the DL. I always defer to when the host site does it, it can suck sometimes when youre waiting to make a switch, pickup, or any other reflecting roster move but everyone's under it.

If your league wants to tweak a rule around that, that's great but frankly I think it would be a HUGE PITA sometimes if the move is really delayed.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner