Who to drop? Aviles/O. Cabrera/Dobbs/Keppinger - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who to drop? Aviles/O. Cabrera/Dobbs/Keppinger

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who to drop? Aviles/O. Cabrera/Dobbs/Keppinger

Postby KleShreen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Hey guys -

I'm in a 16-team/30-man roster keeper league...with Aviles back in the big leagues, I was thinking about picking him up. My choices to drop are Orlando Cabrera, Greg Dobbs and Jeff Keppinger. Between the four of them they're all pretty even, but I was wondering which of those four you would drop? I'm leaning towards Keppinger because yea he's hitting over .300, but no HR/RBI numbers really.
KleShreen
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who to drop? Aviles/O. Cabrera/Dobbs/Keppinger

Postby askretzinger » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 pm

I'll tell you as a Royals fan, I would stray away from Aviles. He has been in the lineup the past couple of days because Escobar was injured and needed a day off and then to give Getz a day off. As of right now he is a backup utility infielder and Yost doesn't seem to have the faith in him to do any more than that. He is set in his ways that Getz is his 2nd baseman, although I'm not completely sure why. With Moustakas playing 3rd, Aviles is going to be mainly a spot starter (maybe 2 days a week at best) and an occasional pinch runner.

viewtopic.php?t=435683
askretzinger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions