Official Disabled List rules? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Official Disabled List rules?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Official Disabled List rules?

Postby ty24 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Does anyone know where to find official DL rules for the MLB? Our league has an awkwardly worded rule regarding DL'd players and their activations, which one of the GM's is challenging. According to him the player isn't actually "activated" until the game begins, even if they appear in a "transaction" prior to the game. I believe what he is saying is that if the player has a last minute "set back" or isn't ready, the team can keep him on the DL as long as he doesn't appear in the lineup and the player he was "transacted" for can remain with the team as long as the other player has not entered the lineup. Anybody have any info on this? I know it's nitpicking, but I feel that I need to do my due diligence as the commish. Thanks!
ty24
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Official Disabled List rules?

Postby bigmck » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:36 am

ty24 wrote:Does anyone know where to find official DL rules for the MLB? Our league has an awkwardly worded rule regarding DL'd players and their activations, which one of the GM's is challenging. According to him the player isn't actually "activated" until the game begins, even if they appear in a "transaction" prior to the game. I believe what he is saying is that if the player has a last minute "set back" or isn't ready, the team can keep him on the DL as long as he doesn't appear in the lineup and the player he was "transacted" for can remain with the team as long as the other player has not entered the lineup. Anybody have any info on this? I know it's nitpicking, but I feel that I need to do my due diligence as the commish. Thanks!

I think your GM is incorrect. A player can be activated during the day and does not have to play in a game that night. This happens all the time. Our league uses three Websites for Transactions. MLB.Com, ESPB.Com and CBS.com. If a player appears on any one of the sites, he is have said to be DLed or activated. All three lists are not the same normally. This is why we used three of them. CBS probably does the bests job. If the player has a last minute "set back", he is still activated in MLB. It should be the same in your league. When a player shows on a site as activated, he is activated regardless if he plays in a game or not.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner